Buy wheels only (no tires) from Rivian?

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
I have appointment for the Richmond SC next week to swap my wheels and tires from 22's to 20's. Does anyone know if Rivian will allow me to purchase just the wheels and tpms and have my choice of tires installed elsewhere? I want to say I've heard of others doing this but I'm not sure if it was a one-off occurrence or if the service centers are lenient towards this request.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Yes. Pricing seems to be up to the service center though.

OP
OP
obfuscurity

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
Yes. Pricing seems to be up to the service center though.
Is it something I need to arrange for in advance, or will the SC be ok with me "calling an audible" onsite?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Is it something I need to arrange for in advance, or will the SC be ok with me "calling an audible" onsite?
They had to order mine in. I did it through a service request, but I had to actually speak with the SC coordinator to get them ordered, same as any other parts I've had to get. My SC isn't customer facing though so it could be different other places.

Yeti370

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I tried this today, and was told that I need to buy the full wheel and tire set. I want the 20" AT's but dont need the tires. 😐

Sponsored

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
I was in the same boat. I got lucky and found a set of new takeoffs locally (20" wheels only) for 1K.

michaelcasto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Landscaper
I have appointment for the Richmond SC next week to swap my wheels and tires from 22's to 20's. Does anyone know if Rivian will allow me to purchase just the wheels and tpms and have my choice of tires installed elsewhere? I want to say I've heard of others doing this but I'm not sure if it was a one-off occurrence or if the service centers are lenient towards this request.
I dont know but I had to sell my 21” tires and rims that came on my Launch edition 1200$ on eBay ,because the Perilli tires only lasted 10k miles and the only tire manufacturer that made EV rated tires was you guessed it Perilli. I bought aftermarket 20” Nitto Recons and Raceline rims since there are alot more options when your talking 20” 👍
Sponsored