Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Curious..

Why do people think that Studs will help in snow?

Studs will not help in snow, at all... Studs only help in ICE and hard pack traction.
If the snow is packed well enough, well, it's ice then, isn't it?
Sponsored

canikony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Tesla Model Y Performance
Good on you for helping those people. I was once out exploring Mormon Emigrant Trail and came across a stuck jeep and a truck that was unsuccessfully trying to get them out. Got to use my maxtraxx for the first time and they worked like a charm.

I would definitely recommend a set of those along with other recovery gear.

Also, your body damage is so minor! I say leave it as is.

Glongo

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S; Cayenne Hybrid; Sprinter
Occupation
Homebuilding
The rim damage is really just cosmetic - but I’ll admit it, I want my truck to look perfect… just who I am. The wheel will go into the spare tire hole, and the spare will come out, and it’ll be all good.

As for the scratches - I think that the scratches are one issue, but I also “broke” the wheel well liner itself. That in itself tells you how hard I actually hit the corner. I had to have pushed the corner bumper in hard enough to flex the wheel well liner and break it. The repair is going to be a new corner piece on the bumper + new wheel well liner + installation. For ~$750, that’s pretty great I think.

I absolutely agree about the suspension damage - I was worried that the alignment might be out, or that I might have bent the tie-rod, but everything seems perfect after the hit. While inspecting the damage, I was trying to move the bumper around to see if I broke any structure inside, and its all rock solid.
Your comment “just who I am” sums it up. You want your vehicle perfect, and you are willing to sacrifice to help people. Right on! I have pulled out a few people over the years, but I am no expert. Used Suburban, F250, Expedition…. I think that’s it. In about 25% of the cases i have done some degree of damage to one of the vehicles in the process. I have a slightly higher tolerance for damage though…. One item I will get right away when I get my R1S is the yankum rope. I see it on youtube, and the kinetic rope may be more forgiving for the occasional recoveror.
Sponsored