Sponsored

Boomkanani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2009 Tacoma
LOL

I laugh at this because there was an EV Noob on here that commented the only fluid in the R1T was the wiper fluid, and there were less parts in an R1T than an ICE car. Wrong on both accounts. A battery pack has 7,776 batteries - compare that to parts in an ICE.

As an exercise in research abilities I'd be curious as to how many parts there actually are in an R1T compared to say a Taco.
I mean, if you're going to count every individual battery cell than I hope you're counting every seal, gasket, gear, bolt, etc in an engine, transmission, and transfer case...
Sponsored

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I mean, if you're going to count every individual battery cell than I hope you're counting every seal, gasket, gear, bolt, etc in an engine, transmission, and transfer case...
MIght not want to start counting bolts in the comparison based on Munro's teardown. 🤣

N8DFetzer

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Rav 4, R1T Launch Edition Green
It’s Gaia GPS. I use it on my IPad.

Poking the bear a bit but would be a huge advantage of having Apple CP in the Rivian and use the trucks screen for Gaia tracking, offline map use.
UMM…yeah. Get on board R.J. Give the people what they already have

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

So update this afternoon.

Rivian service says there was a leak in the PF damper, they replaced it and the suspension is working now.

Hopefully I can get my truck back by the end of the week which would be awesome. They are also fixing a puncture in a rear tire unrelated to the suspension issue and adjusting my tailgate.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
It’s Gaia GPS. I use it on my IPad.

Poking the bear a bit but would be a huge advantage of having Apple CP in the Rivian and use the trucks screen for Gaia tracking, offline map use.
Maybe Gaia GPS will come to Rivian at some point. Built with the same underlying Mapbox tech I believe.

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Condor Overland. It does indeed fit perfectly 🙂 Highly recommended (see my post here), although I think we had four different brand RTTs (Thule Tepui, Roofnest, CVT, and iKamper X-Cover Mini) and four happy customers on this trip, so you can't really go wrong!
To be clear: While it's functional, I want to ditch my Tepui and get the Condor Overland :)

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Rivian service says there was a leak in the PF damper, they replaced it and the suspension is working now.

Hopefully I can get my truck back by the end of the week which would be awesome. They are also fixing a puncture in a rear tire unrelated to the suspension issue and adjusting my tailgate.
They can put it on the trailer with mine which is coming back Friday :)

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Yep and every single part in an ICE engine is less than 3000. One transmission vs 4 motors... List goes on and on. Would love to know actual answer but I'm not so misinformed to think it's plain and simple less parts in an EV. Someone knows and his name is probably Sandy Munro...

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

BackMarker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 4Runner, 2006 Jeep LJ
Occupation
Local Government

Despite the issue, the trip looked fantastic! Did Rivian mention what the leak was from? Normal wear and tear or just a loose fitting? Just curious...

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Despite the issue, the trip looked fantastic! Did Rivian mention what the leak was from? Normal wear and tear or just a loose fitting? Just curious...
From the description on my work order it sounds like the leak was in the damper assembly itself. That was what I understood from my phone conversation as well.

Rivian R1T R1S Broken Suspension on R1T 😫 during PNW Rivian group trip: WA BDR. 1662736899502

And thanks, definitely a cool trip meeting up with other Rivian owners, sadly I think the best parts of the planned route were in the next section of the trail that is now unfinished business.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
UMM…yeah. Get on board R.J. Give the people what they already have
I’d prefer a Gaia app on the rivisn infotainment system. CarPlay Gaia is quite barebones.

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Yep and every single part in an ICE engine is less than 3000. One transmission vs 4 motors... List goes on and on. Would love to know actual answer but I'm not so misinformed to think it's plain and simple less parts in an EV. Someone knows and his name is probably Sandy Munro...
There are fewer moving parts in an EV, if battery cells are counted then so should drops of gas/diesel

BackMarker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 4Runner, 2006 Jeep LJ
Occupation
Local Government
Hopefully you will have it back soon! Love your BEV overlanding group! I'd love to join when I get my R1T but that will be awhile. If you do a run and are open to ICE rigs at some point, let me know!
Sponsored