Broken floor mat retainer

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
Started my first service request with the Rivian R1T today, figured I'd share this story as it unfolds in case anyone else is curious about what to expect from Rivian Service.

A couple weeks ago, my daughter pointed out that half of the rear floor mat in our R1T was loose, flopping around and folding over on itself. I didn't think anything of it until the all weather mats arrived from Rivian last week. When I went to make the swap I noticed that the rear passenger retainer clip had separated from the carpet. I don't know if it broke or was installed incorrectly, but we found it on the floor and I took photos for a future service ticket.

After emailing my guide late Friday, he replied today (around 3pm ET) suggesting I open a service ticket through the app. I went ahead and did this (around 4pm ET), providing the images and a brief description. Less than 2 hours later I received a phone call from Rivian service. The rep asked me to confirm my details and then offered to schedule a mobile service visit (yay!). The earliest they could offer is January 20, but that's totally fine with me given the low severity of this issue.

I also asked them "if something else comes up can I add it to this visit". They advised me that if this happens, I should open another service ticket. If it's mobile-capable, they should be able to combine them, assuming it's at least a couple days in advance.

That's all to report at this time. I'll post updates if and when I have anything else to share. Happy Adventuring!

Rivian R1T R1S Broken floor mat retainer IMG_7601.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Broken floor mat retainer IMG_7602.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Broken floor mat retainer IMG_7603.JPEG
Sponsored

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
Same thing happened to me!

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
Broken retainer. Occurred when I was changing my floor mats to the all weather ones. Have not opened a ticket yet. Love the truck and can’t imagine having to drive a different car while they fix the truck.

Skap

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Started my first service request with the Rivian R1T today, figured I'd share this story as it unfolds in case anyone else is curious about what to expect from Rivian Service.

A couple weeks ago, my daughter pointed out that half of the rear floor mat in our R1T was loose, flopping around and folding over on itself. I didn't think anything of it until the all weather mats arrived from Rivian last week. When I went to make the swap I noticed that the rear passenger retainer clip had separated from the carpet. I don't know if it broke or was installed incorrectly, but we found it on the floor and I took photos for a future service ticket.

After emailing my guide late Friday, he replied today (around 3pm ET) suggesting I open a service ticket through the app. I went ahead and did this (around 4pm ET), providing the images and a brief description. Less than 2 hours later I received a phone call from Rivian service. The rep asked me to confirm my details and then offered to schedule a mobile service visit (yay!). The earliest they could offer is January 20, but that's totally fine with me given the low severity of this issue.

I also asked them "if something else comes up can I add it to this visit". They advised me that if this happens, I should open another service ticket. If it's mobile-capable, they should be able to combine them, assuming it's at least a couple days in advance.

That's all to report at this time. I'll post updates if and when I have anything else to share. Happy Adventuring!

IMG_7601.JPEG
IMG_7602.JPEG
IMG_7603.JPEG
Glad you were able to get mobile service. Maybe the fix has changed. When I had my truck delivered in May this was only issue. I was told that truck had to go to a SC as they had to pull seat and take up carpet to fix. No way was I going to risk more issues by them removing seat for this. So when I received my all weather mats in June I used Gorilla Glue to set the retainer in place. Have removed mats at least 6x for cleaning and no issue. And the way the all weather mats fit so snug I probably will just ignore if it happens to pull up again.

Best of luck with the repair.

dsps70

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model sP90D/ ram 1500/lexus 350RH
Occupation
medicine
Glad you were able to get mobile service. Maybe the fix has changed. When I had my truck delivered in May this was only issue. I was told that truck had to go to a SC as they had to pull seat and take up carpet to fix. No way was I going to risk more issues by them removing seat for this. So when I received my all weather mats in June I used Gorilla Glue to set the retainer in place. Have removed mats at least 6x for cleaning and no issue. And the way the all weather mats fit so snug I probably will just ignore if it happens to pull up again.

Best of luck with the repair.
Had same issue with broken retainer on driver side. Mobile service was able to repair carpet on driver side ( w/o seat removal).

Rivian R1T R1S Broken floor mat retainer 2B0F167A-EA10-482F-919C-3DEC81C817D9

Rivian R1T R1S Broken floor mat retainer C707CB85-9DF8-4C86-BCA6-A89D7AD1794C

Rivian R1T R1S Broken floor mat retainer 2E915C33-BDFC-4D97-9E36-E69699845D54
Sponsored