Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 FG/FE R1S, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

A week or two ago I saw a beautiful R1S heading west on Kirkland St in Cambridge. I think it was El Cap, hard to tell exactly in the dusk. It was my first R1S sighting in the area, though I’ve seen the occasional R1T since early summer.

I live in Cambridge and am trying to recover my nonprofit Climate XChange’s fundraising raffle, carbonraffle.org. We’ve given away Teslas as grand prizes for six years, but sales are way down this year and we’ve heard from past and potential ticket buyers that they’re not interested in winning a Tesla thanks to Elon’s Twitter antics. So we quickly pivoted and added the Rivians as alternative prizes. We’re promoting this new Rivian aspect of the raffle online, including here and on TikTok.

I have an R1S reservation to replace my 2016 Model X, so I got my youngest a Rivian T-shirt and bandana for Christmas. She would like to wear them in a TikTok video. Since we’re still offering the choice of a Tesla we could film it with the X, but it would be awesome if a local R1S owner would let us use their car for filming - just sitting in it or in front of it while parked.

If we can’t find an R1S, an R1T would be a great backup option, though I’d love her to see the car I plan to get s00n!
Rivian R1T R1S Boston area R1S? 40EEAB04-BD7A-4454-8AB0-E5DEC1DAD476

Please message me if you’d be willing. Thanks in advance!

Peter
Sponsored

OP
OP
PeterSK

PeterSK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

No responses so far. Does anyone know if there are R1s parked outside the Chelsea Service Center that we could film in front of?

OP
OP
PeterSK

PeterSK

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired / board director
Clubs

They had over a dozen vehicles there, mostly R1Ts but a few R1Ss. I was a little surprised because Tesla would have tried to push them all out the door before quarter end, sometime even selling off loaner cars to achieve the best possible financials for the year.

We filmed a few takes by this Launch Green R1S because it had the best light and some space next to it. Should go up on TikTok in 2-3 days.

Thanks - and please buy raffle tickets!

Rivian R1T R1S Boston area R1S? DF38FD64-7727-49D6-91F2-02FD8CC4AFD2
Sponsored

Last edited: