rconkling

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Durango, LEAF
$125000 starting price.

No interior, 2 motors, and a completely sub standard 200 miles of range.

They are doomed.
Sponsored

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
The Bollinger is a foray into electric vehicles such as we might have expected in 2008-2010 at a price we might have seen then. It's completely out of touch with the current state of EV technology and design.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
If Rivian fails with the R1T and R1S they will have their commercial endeavors to fall back on and I think they will do well with that.

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
I had paid only cursory attention to the Bollinger when it first started showing up in the press. However, after reading some recent articles on it, I now understand it is a highly specialized Class 3 pickup intended mostly for off-road work duty. Maybe it actually has some real utility for that market, although it's certainly not a mass consumer market.

Heck, it can even carry telephone poles in a pass-through that runs from the frunk front tailgate all the way through the vehicle and out the rear tailgate. Try that in a Rivian. :clap:

Sponsored

azjohnny

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 100D Toyota Tundra
I had paid only cursory attention to the Bollinger when it first started showing up in the press. However, after reading some recent articles on it, I now understand it is a highly specialized Class 3 pickup intended mostly for off-road work duty. Maybe it actually has some real utility for that market, although it's certainly not a mass consumer market.

Heck, it can even carry telephone poles in a pass-through that runs from the frunk front tailgate all the way through the vehicle and out the rear tailgate. Try that in a Rivian. :clap:
I had been following Bollinger for a while and really like the 2 door B1 but not at $125K. The only thing I wish was more range. Wish them luck, I wonder if he is looking at too much of a profit margin but all of the vehicles will be handmade

Electronaut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
If you read the comments from the company, it's priced so high because they refuse to borrow $ to produce their vehicles, like so many startups do, which gets them into financial trouble early. Noble business plan but judging by the reactions on the internet, the sticker shock may make the Bollingers DOA.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
My key takeaways from this article on Bollinger:

boutique... hand built in low volume (only several thousand per year)... barn door aerodynamics... portal hub gears... inboard brakes... not for long road trips... credible off-road abilities.

This is a beast with a mission very different from Rivian.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I get that there's a hard-core off-road crowd with highly specific needs, but aren't range and low cost to repair going to be two of those?

Clone

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Honda Odyssey
I see Bollinger in a similar vein as original H1 Hummer. It's built more around hard core usability than comfort, range, etc. It's more a work truck, perhaps more of an off road capable truck than what Rivian aims for. It's a rock crawler to Rivian's weekend camper. Personally, it's not something that appeals to me as much as an all around usable truck like the Rivian will be, but I don't think it would be fair to compare the two trucks just because they're both electric trucks.
Sponsored