Sponsored

Boat Ramp holding R1T?

BlixemT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and a couple of Germans
I have a "KING" roller trailer with my 19ft. Glasply. If I unhook it at the top of the ramp and try backing down to the water its gone. has to be in the water when I unhook, It still takes off the trailer even when I do that. About 3500 total lbs. I think. I'm just a little nervous on the first try. hoping the rivian holds on a 20% grade?

IMG_3750.jpeg
If your Ridgeline can handle launching your boat, then your Rivian will have no issues.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I launch my boat with no problems, easier than the Silverado. Boat is a Boston Whaler 235 Conquest with a Mercury Verado 250, dry weight about 4500, so with 120 gallons of gas and gear, plus the 1500 pound trailer, so figure 7000+ pounds…press park and it sticks!
Beautiful boat BTW.... Always had Whalers except for the Grady I have now. Can never go wrong with a Whaler!

OP
OP
Dennis Wick

Dennis Wick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
engineer retired
What is the concern relative to any other vehicle? I imagine that compared to many (older) vehicles which had a separate parking or emergency brake caliper that that R1T clamping the rear service brakes would be MORE secure.

Does the R1T have a gearbox parking pawl? That's the only thing I could imagine being missing relative to other vehicles.
I was just a little nervous that the Rivian doesn't have a separate parking/emer. brake. now problem getting the boat to and in the water. it's that all the R1T has is a "P"

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I was just a little nervous that the Rivian doesn't have a separate parking/emer. brake. now problem getting the boat to and in the water. it's that all the R1T has is a "P"
P on the Rivian engages the parking brake. There are no parking pawls in the geartrain at all.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dennis Wick

Dennis Wick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
engineer retired
Beautiful boat BTW.... Always had Whalers except for the Grady I have now. Can never go wrong with a Whaler!
Bought the Glasply 19' from the original owner at Glasply boats in 1979, Marysville WA. Took about 2 weeks to build, less than $3K at the time out the door. I got around buying from a dealer due to the fact i had connections, lol...
ps: always garaged

OP
OP
Dennis Wick

Dennis Wick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
engineer retired
P on the Rivian engages the parking brake. There are no parking pawls in the geartrain at all.
I know...that's what made me a little nervous, no secondary emer. parking brake like a traditional car or truck

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Rubber tire chaulks work fine. So does the railroad tie that sits in the bed and you use at home to put the trailer tonque on.
Sponsored