Sponsored

Blind Spot Warning malfunction -- indicator light on my dash won’t go away

JRK308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Anyone ever have issues with their Blind Spot Warning malfunctioning? For the last few days the indicator light on my dash won’t go away. Tried an infotainment reset and a couple full vehicle resets without resolve. Rivian says it will need to come to service center but I’m a long ways away and not sure when I’d have time to get it there anytime soon. Just curious if anyone has any other thoughts. Thanks.
Sponsored

SEPA R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Dirty sensor on the exterior of the truck? Clean them off and see what happens.

CyklopsPDX

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Audi Q5, 2017 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian R1T R1S Blind Spot Warning malfunction --  indicator light on my dash won’t go away wire

I did have the same issue - turns out a critter found the front sensor wire while the truck was sitting in the lot of the bodyshop... Bodyshop and Rivian service took care of it!

OP
OP

JRK308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
wire.jpg.jpg

I did have the same issue - turns out a critter found the front sensor wire while the truck was sitting in the lot of the bodyshop... Bodyshop and Rivian service took care of it!

Did you take this picture or did they show this to you at the SC? Curious how hard it is to access these sensors and see the wires. A critter did something similar to my wife’s car a few years back.

CyklopsPDX

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Audi Q5, 2017 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Engineer
Did you take this picture or did they show this to you at the SC? Curious how hard it is to access these sensors and see the wires. A critter did something similar to my wife’s car a few years back.
The service center texted that picture to me. Unfortunately I don't know where this cable assembly/connector are nor how hard it would be to get there for an inspection... Sorry!
Sponsored