Sponsored

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
I appreciate the offer but I've recently noticed several other of them peeling up. I too favor the automatic car wash. It simply isn't worth it to fix them I'm going to wind up peeling them all off and finding a better solution.
No problem.
It’s seems to me that the next choices are (in no particular order);
- plastidip - easy to use and I’ve used successful before
- just leave the emblems as they are
- have the emblems removed, painted and replaced …

I’ll likely give plastidip a go although I did like the look of blacking out the side emblem faces but leaving the Rivian yellow on the sides of the letters…
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
No problem.

I’ll likely give plastidip a go although I did like the look of blacking out the side emblem faces but leaving the Rivian yellow on the sides of the letters…
What kind of a company would provide the service of blacking out the emblems? Vinyl shop? Paint shop? Powder coater? I'm curious into looking into a professional.

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
No problem.

Well there is an option 4, coming in a month or so.... :) https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/blacked-out-my-logos-with-vinyl.14282/post-325312

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
We tend not to do pre-orders unless we know we'll be supply-constrained when the product launches. We moved to a new website at the end of last week, and a couple of things weren't working, including the 'Notify me when back in stock' option, but it's good to go, so you can select that option to get an email as soon as we have them.

Satin Black Emblems for Rivian R1T/R1S (abstractocean.com)

drbiggieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T - El Cap Granite
We tend not to do pre-orders unless we know we'll be supply-constrained when the product launches. We moved to a new website at the end of last week, and a couple of things weren't working, including the 'Notify me when back in stock' option, but it's good to go, so you can select that option to get an email as soon as we have them.

Thanks for following up and letting us know. Just subscribed to the notification!

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Asked on the site, but reposting here as I imagine the answer will be useful to many folks...

You state you do not have the model designation badging for the R1S so what is your suggestion for dealing with that? Just leave that badging off entirely?

Also, do you include the extra C-pillar compass badging on the R1S or only the side lettering?

Thanks!

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Asked on the site, but reposting here as I imagine the answer will be useful to many folks...

You state you do not have the model designation badging for the R1S so what is your suggestion for dealing with that? Just leave that badging off entirely?

Also, do you include the extra C-pillar compass badging on the R1S or only the side lettering?

Thanks!
Would you mind posting a pic of the c-pillar compass? For the S badge, the issue is that we started this project before the S even existed in the wild (and even then, it takes Rivian months and months to have the emblems available for purchase). I'll check again to see if we can buy one, in which case we should be able to turn things around reasonably quickly. If so, then I'll update the page to have an R1S option, but the designation badge would probably ship a month or so later, if that makes sense.

LazarusTaxa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ60, XC90
Would you mind posting a pic of the c-pillar compass? For the S badge, the issue is that we started this project before the S even existed in the wild (and even then, it takes Rivian months and months to have the emblems available for purchase). I'll check again to see if we can buy one, in which case we should be able to turn things around reasonably quickly. If so, then I'll update the page to have an R1S option, but the designation badge would probably ship a month or so later, if that makes sense.

It's very similar to the hood badge (perhaps even the same?):

Rivian R1T R1S Blacked out my logos with vinyl 1684260350364

Hopefully I'll have our S in the driveway this week and can send a better pic then

Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
It's very similar to the hood badge (perhaps even the same?):

Hopefully I'll have our S in the driveway this week and can send a better pic then
Thanks. I'll bet it's not quite the same, the trunk lid has a couple of locating lugs, and a slight concave profile. Will see about getting one of those too.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
This is great news! I'll be grabbing a set as soon as they are available. Thanks!!!

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

As others posted I was hopeful it's the same as the hood compass, but I suspect it's slightly different, but since it is pressed in (there's a recess for it in the panel) it's possible that it has the exact same profile as the hood - meaning it may not need to follow the specific geometry of the curve of that panel.

Rivian R1T R1S Blacked out my logos with vinyl 1684271465290

Actually... just going to make a post on the forum to see if any owners or wrap shops have pulled them all off and if they can confirm if they're the same or not, might be lucky and get a hit on that. Will report back if I do

UPDATE: post here

First result is that they might actually be the same...

Last edited:

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
I forgot to post this, but this pic shows the arc on the front emblem. Still trying to find out if the C-pillar versions are different.

Rivian R1T R1S Blacked out my logos with vinyl compass emblem

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

I forgot to post this, but this pic shows the arc on the front emblem. Still trying to find out if the C-pillar versions are different.

compass emblem.png
Didn't get any other replies to my thread asking if anyone has debadged as R1S and can confirm.

I'm hoping you can get ahold of one and remove them to verify, definitely more of an arc than I was expecting. Still holding out hope that since the C-pillars are recessed that they punched in that same arc into the recess and they're the same.
Sponsored