Sponsored

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
I added some matte black vinyl to my Compass Yellow R1T. I thinks the yellow and black combination looks good. The whole process took about 15 minutes. I ordered the logo covers online at BrainExploder the other stuff I made myself on my cricut.

CRBackinBlack.jpg

crbackinsilver.jpg

crsideinblack.jpg

crsideinsliver.jpg

sideplushandle.jpg
Black and yellow combination is ⚡
Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Ha, maybe....I have the production samples here to get the install video done, hopefully this week/weekend. Had to revise the front (compass) logo, so that'll be coming this week. The main challenge with the install is that the letters are huge (compared to Tesla, where you can pick most of them off with your fingernails), so wanted to include a couple of tools to help with the removal. It'll still be tedious, but the more adhesive you can get off before resorting to adhesive remover the better.

Pics coming soon, I think they look awesome though :)
This took far too long, but here's some pics of the emblems installed on our truck. Not sure how/if we'll sell these yet, since Rivian is watching our site, yet won't engage in any form of licensing conversation. I've seen the suggestions about selling VIRINA emblems, or something similar, but legally that doesn't really do much 😑

Rivian R1T R1S Blacked out my logos with vinyl front compass
Rivian R1T R1S Blacked out my logos with vinyl R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Blacked out my logos with vinyl Rear logo andgled
Rivian R1T R1S Blacked out my logos with vinyl Rear wide
Rivian R1T R1S Blacked out my logos with vinyl Second pic
Rivian R1T R1S Blacked out my logos with vinyl Side Emblem all black

LazarusTaxa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ60, XC90
This took far too long, but here's some pics of the emblems installed on our truck. Not sure how/if we'll sell these yet, since Rivian is watching our site, yet won't engage in any form of licensing conversation. I've seen the suggestions about selling VIRINA emblems, or something similar, but legally that doesn't really do much 😑
I'd buy them as soon as they are ready.. For an R1S ;)

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
I shall purchase them as well.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order

front compass.png
R1T.png
Rear logo andgled.png
Rear wide.png
Second pic.png
Side Emblem all black.png
How are the vinyl guys getting away with it? Seems like a double standard.

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Sell them until you get a cease and desist?

DirtyJester

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 kona ev
Occupation
Millwright
Yep they look sweet. Id want em aid I ever get mine. 🤣

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T

front compass.png
R1T.png
Rear logo andgled.png
Rear wide.png
Second pic.png
Side Emblem all black.png
Been waiting for someone to produce these. My money is ready!

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Add me to the list. Would buy these immediately and I don't even have my Rivian yet. But I'd want to them to be ready for the full body wrap

@AO_Pete are these plastic or metal?

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Take my money. I will purchase a set of these as soon as they are available as well.

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

How are the vinyl guys getting away with it? Seems like a double standard.
I think I have some experience to give you a glimpse of how that works…
If you are well known US based company in this space chances are you are on the radar of the lawyers of the car manufacturers. They periodically check to see if there is anything you are selling that they feel infringes their IP, and if they find something they send you a cease and desist. I’ve heard (can’t personally confirm) that on some occasions the Ford lawyers have been even more aggressive, seeking damages directly (I.e. no warning first).
What really sucks in this system is that they only seem to do that to US companies, allowing all the foreign ones to do as they like on Amazon. It’s rather unfair treatment. Also as far as I know, smaller companies are rarely on their radar, which answers your question how some of the vinyl folks can do it.

My personal experience is that we got a cease and desist from Tesla a while back, and after consulting with several IP attorneys we decided to just not sell anything that might be considered to infringe anyone’s IP. Bad for business for sure but if that’s what makes or breaks a business then perhaps it’s not a business worth having. Thankfully I can say it had very little effect on us.

I hope AO don’t end up in trouble for this. They are a great company with great products and I surely want these black logos for my R1S when Santa delivers (end of year delivery estimate :)).

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
@AO_Pete has rivian sent out any cease and desists before to you or others, and if so for what product? The thing is you have to actively protect your trademark via cease and desists and often it doesn’t amount to much. Rivian is a good company and while selling an actual product with the Rivian mark on it to confuse a customer that it is produced by Rivian is one thing, a modification like this is another thing and likely not to get their panties in a bunch.

Last edited:

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

@AO_Pete has rivian sent out any cease and desists before to you or others, and if so for what product? The thing is you have to actively protect your trademark via cease and desists and often it doesn’t amount to much. Rivian is a good company and while selling an actual product with the Rivian mark on it to confuse a customer that it is produced by Rivian is one thing, a modification like this is another thing and likely not to get their panties in a bunch.
I got one for the skins for the Rivian key cards, so how good a brand promotes to be has nothing to do with whether their lawyers will enforce IP or not I am afraid.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I had to replace mine. Seems like if they made them in a way that allowed them wrap around the edges onto the sides, they might hold a little better. Side ones seem to be the biggest issue, which make sense considering they're standing up to 60+ MPH wind on a regular basis. If they wrapped the ends of the letters, possibly would prevent them from peeling around the edges?? Just my 2 cents
Sponsored