RivianCurious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EV, Rivian R1T
Clubs

I added some matte black vinyl to my Compass Yellow R1T. I thinks the yellow and black combination looks good. The whole process took about 15 minutes. I ordered the logo covers online at BrainExploder the other stuff I made myself on my cricut.

Rivian R1T R1S Blacked out my logos with vinyl CRBackinBlack

Rivian R1T R1S Blacked out my logos with vinyl crbackinsilver

Rivian R1T R1S Blacked out my logos with vinyl crsideinblack

Rivian R1T R1S Blacked out my logos with vinyl crsideinsliver

Rivian R1T R1S Blacked out my logos with vinyl sideplushandle
Sponsored

OP
OP
RivianCurious

RivianCurious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EV, Rivian R1T
Clubs

Let us know how they hold up! Looks great.
The vendor uses Oracal "permanent" adhesive vinyl. It is the same vinyl I use on my own vinyl cutter. Oracal has stood up on my vehicles for at least 5 years.

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
I did the same as soon as I got my limestone. It looks infinitely better. The rear ones held up well, but most of the driver's side decals already peeled off. I got their gunmetal wheel vinyls too, which, by some miracle, have held up well - I actually prefer the matte look over the AT darks.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Looks great on RC too, but I lost an N.

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I installed those on my truck about 6 months ago. Peeled them off last weekend as they did not hold up and were looking like crap with rolled edges. I hope you have better luck than I did. They do look good. We need someone to make replacement blackout badging.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I installed those on my truck about 6 months ago. Peeled them off last weekend as they did not hold up and were looking like crap with rolled edges. I hope you have better luck than I did. They do look good. We need someone to make replacement blackout badging.
@AO_Pete any comments? :fingerscrossed: :cool:

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
why mess with perfection?
it was fine the way it was. Go Team Compass Yellow!

the thing with black on yellow is that it screams attention. I dont want attention. Hence nothing too polarizing or attention grabbing.

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

brainexploder

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brainexplodermerch.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Designer
I did the same as soon as I got my limestone. It looks infinitely better. The rear ones held up well, but most of the driver's side decals already peeled off. I got their gunmetal wheel vinyls too, which, by some miracle, have held up well - I actually prefer the matte look over the AT darks.
We've switch to a thinner vinyl as the OP mentioned. It rolls better over the edges and is less stiff, this should eliminate most of the peel issues going forward. I've have had gloss black on my own on my truck since summer and I will admit I will occasionally snag a corner when wiping the thing down but adding heat will make it straighten out and settle down. Hand washing does help keep things nice and in place no doubt.

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

I added some matte black vinyl to my Compass Yellow R1T. I thinks the yellow and black combination looks good. The whole process took about 15 minutes. I ordered the logo covers online at BrainExploder the other stuff I made myself on my cricut.

CRBackinBlack.jpg

crbackinsilver.jpg

crsideinblack.jpg

crsideinsliver.jpg

sideplushandle.jpg
I did the same to my Launch Green using the matte finish. Made the truck look way better! Mine has held up through the crazy rainstorms in SoCal and through a few touchless carwashes. Pretty impressed how well they held up.

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Ha, maybe....I have the production samples here to get the install video done, hopefully this week/weekend. Had to revise the front (compass) logo, so that'll be coming this week. The main challenge with the install is that the letters are huge (compared to Tesla, where you can pick most of them off with your fingernails), so wanted to include a couple of tools to help with the removal. It'll still be tedious, but the more adhesive you can get off before resorting to adhesive remover the better.

Pics coming soon, I think they look awesome though :)

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
why mess with perfection?
it was fine the way it was. Go Team Compass Yellow!

the thing with black on yellow is that it screams attention. I dont want attention. Hence nothing too polarizing or attention grabbing.
You got a yellow truck.
Sponsored