First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I guess he wanted to give us all just a little extra time to get our binding contracts in!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Now we just need Rivian to prioritize the people that signed ;)

Siguy90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hopefully everyone that were willing to sign the agreement did so up until last night. Now I'd like Rivian to tell us if their battery qualifies for the new credit rules.

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T , 2024 Rivian R1S
So, for those of us lucky enough to have delivery before the year ends... Are we still eligible for the current $7500 or the awful new one?

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
So, for those of us lucky enough to have delivery before the year ends... Are we still eligible for the current $7500 or the awful new one?
If you signed the Binding Sales Contract: a "Transition provision for EVs with written sales orders dated in 2022 prior to the date of President signing the bill (8/16/2022) but delivered in 2023 allows purchaser to claim the “old” credit in 2023"

Last edited:

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
If you signed the "binding agreement" BEFORE today you're good whenever you receive your vehicle. The only way that changes is if Rivian does something that makes the IRS label their agreement as non binding, in which case all Rivian buyers would be subject to the new rules.

Ie.. if Rivian feels bad and refunds the $100 non refundable to a single person, that would technically mean the "binding contract" was never binding and invalidate it for everyone.

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Now we just need Rivian to prioritize the people that signed ;)
You know... it kinda reminds me of when the Army came out with a retention bonus for officers back in 2007 (I think). No one I know changed their minds on getting out/staying in based on a relatively insignificant sum, but, for those planning on staying in, it was a free bonus. It also served as a litmus test to identify those who were getting out, in the minds of some leaders. As a result, if junior officers didn't take the money, senior leaders assumed they were getting out and started berating, cajoling, punishing, shaming, etc.

Not that people wouldn't sign or not sign the offered purchase agreements for their own reasons, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Rivian looked at it as "well, I'm not sure if this person really means to follow through on the purchase." $100 isn't enough to encourage such a viewpoint, IMO, but you never know what people imagine in their heads.
Sponsored