Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Checking back on these K02... OP @R1TY how have these been for you the last few months?
I'm also curious. My stock scorpions have gotten really loud, so I'm looking for a replacement.
Sponsored

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

I'm also curious. My stock scorpions have gotten really loud, so I'm looking for a replacement.
I just added a set of K02 275/65/20 to my cart at Discount Tire. My R1S with 20s is being shipped from the factory to my service center, so I have a couple of days or weeks (s00n) to make the final decision. I'm thinking of sticking with 275 for on road manners and some semblance of efficiency. I've had k02 on my last 4 trucks (other than this R1S with 22s for the last 5 months) and always had great experiences with them. If anyone reading this has any feedback or suggestions please post. thanks -

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

I just added a set of K02 275/65/20 to my cart at Discount Tire. My R1S with 20s is being shipped from the factory to my service center, so I have a couple of days or weeks (s00n) to make the final decision. I'm thinking of sticking with 275 for on road manners and some semblance of efficiency. I've had k02 on my last 4 trucks (other than this R1S with 22s for the last 5 months) and always had great experiences with them. If anyone reading this has any feedback or suggestions please post. thanks -
I run ko2s on one of my Land Cruisers and Wildpeaks on the other-- very happy with both, although I'd probably give a slight edge to the ko2s. But the road noise on the scorpions is starting to drive me batty 😂

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I was hoping to hear back on these more too as I'm going to have to replace my tires soonish.

Sponsored

mmiles2012

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'86 911 Coupe, '23 R1T LE
Occupation
I work for a Tire Company
Clubs

Early times (maybe ~250 miles in), but I've had good results so far from my (homer pick) Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3s in stock size. Just bumped the pressure up to see how range/efficiency will be impacted as I think I ran them a little low relative to folks here (I was ~50 PSI, just brought it up to 60).

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I heard back from the OP in a DM I sent him - I hope he doesn't mind me sharing this with the group:

R1TY: I love them for my driving needs In high desert/Mountains in Utah and would buy the exact setup again. I did have balancing issues and it took two trips back to tire shop, but other than that they are perfect.

I pick up my new R1S with 20's from my local SC Friday afternoon, I have an appointment at my local Discount Tire Saturday morning for install:
BFGOODRICH ALL TERRAIN T/A KO2 LT275 /65 R20 126S E1 RBL Item #29042

I'll be sure to post feedback. If anyone is reading this and wants to buy a brand new set of Pirelli 20" factory tires in northeast Florida please hit me up.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Installed BFGKO2 in OEM size today. VERY happy with them. A friend asked my thoughts on road noise or range. I told him they were fine. I'm sure someone who wanted to find loudness could find it, and someone who wanted to find range decrease could find it, but neither are things I care to qualify. I just know that they perform great and look good too.

Rivian R1T R1S BFG KO2 - 275/65r20 tires installed on my R1T IMG_2471

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
Installed BFGKO2 in OEM size today. VERY happy with them. A friend asked my thoughts on road noise or range. I told him they were fine. I'm sure someone who wanted to find loudness could find it, and someone who wanted to find range decrease could find it, but neither are things I care to qualify. I just know that they perform great and look good too.

IMG_2471.jpg
Gorgeous! I have the same config coming my way soon (I hope)—love the look with the new treads. Once you get some miles on these will be interested to hear about the effect on range.

Last edited:

Sponsored

krsoundtek

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm wondering when the new KO3s will be available in our stock size. Supposed to be better rain/snow performance.
Based on comments from other forums the KO3 are only available as OE on a few new vehicles with expected release to public in 2024.

mattdzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hey! Do these vibrate your steering wheel at all? I have same tires on my R1T and my steering wheel shakes at high speeds 60-70MPH.

OP
OP

R1TY

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Cyber Security
I heard back from the OP in a DM I sent him - I hope he doesn't mind me sharing this with the group:

R1TY: I love them for my driving needs In high desert/Mountains in Utah and would buy the exact setup again. I did have balancing issues and it took two trips back to tire shop, but other than that they are perfect.

I pick up my new R1S with 20's from my local SC Friday afternoon, I have an appointment at my local Discount Tire Saturday morning for install:
BFGOODRICH ALL TERRAIN T/A KO2 LT275 /65 R20 126S E1 RBL Item #29042

I'll be sure to post feedback. If anyone is reading this and wants to buy a brand new set of Pirelli 20" factory tires in northeast Florida please hit me up.

Hey y’all- OP here. I still love my KO2’s! In fact, im driving a loaner with 22 inch wheels and street tires on it and I can feel EVERY crack and bump in the road. The driving experience is WAY more comfortable with a heavy duty tire (non EV tire). the range hit is still around 3-4% and worth it IMO.

OP
OP

R1TY

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Cyber Security
Hey! Do these vibrate your steering wheel at all? I have same tires on my R1T and my steering wheel shakes at high speeds 60-70MPH.
Sounds like a balance issue. i had a balance weight fall off when I installed and discount tire rebalanced and teh shake went away

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Hey y’all- OP here. I still love my KO2’s! In fact, im driving a loaner with 22 inch wheels and street tires on it and I can feel EVERY crack and bump in the road. The driving experience is WAY more comfortable with a heavy duty tire (non EV tire). the range hit is still around 3-4% and worth it IMO.
Thanks for posting. I just got my deflators in the mail and was planning to do a chalk test tonight. I’ve kept mine at 60 psi with about 1k miles on them. While I’m playing with the deflators I thought I might as well test the 60psi, which feels great.

Rivian R1T R1S BFG KO2 - 275/65r20 tires installed on my R1T IMG_2866
Sponsored