Sponsored

computertom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco Raptor, '80 911 SC
Over OEM AT's....that is all I've ever had.....I did a 900+ mile road trip on the Cooper's and the impact was minimal and I love the tires....much more robust for off-road and with an elevated tire pressure...it's minimal.....
I just cannot imagine that tire pressure in my truck. Seriously 65psi blows my mind! With the stock 20AT's at 50psi, the ride of my truck is just not good. My BRaptor with 37" K02's at 37ps is significantly better and more enjoyable to drive (and so much quieter when it comes to road noise).
Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I just cannot imagine that tire pressure in my truck. Seriously 65psi blows my mind! With the stock 20AT's at 50psi, the ride of my truck is just not good. My BRaptor with 37" K02's at 37ps is significantly better and more enjoyable to drive (and so much quieter when it comes to road noise).
I fully agree, and I'm in the midst of a 445 mile trip right now and at 65psi I really can't tell much of a difference over the Scorpions and the AT3's from Cooper are pretty beefy for an AT tire. It's a little harsher but very little to me......go figure...

If the wear pattern is solid over time, then I'm absolutely onto something with these Cooper Discover AT3's XLT at 65psi. Same economy +/- 1.5% as the Scopions and far more robust of a solution off road.

https://tirepressure.org/cooper/discoverer-at3-xlt

johnny2five

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
I'm not much of a fan of the stock ATā€™s. They have been decent (18K miles) but not great. I couldnā€™t make it home this week during an ice storm, and my R1T was uncontrollable. I had to hike home and grab my 2008 LandCruiser on BFG KO2ā€™s. The cruiser walked thru the snow and ice like the roads were clear. I really think this truck needs a dedicated snow tire in the winter, but wanted to give it a fair comparison to the LC. I will report back later on range loss and snow performance. So far, I am enjoying the slightly stiffer profile. It feels similar to stock on drive pavement. Looks great IMO and they are quieter (new vs 18K miles). If they dont work in snow, I will make these my 3 season setup and get a dedicated snow package. I hope this works.
Any update on range loss with the K02s?

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
What load rating are your K02s?

Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I fully agree, and I'm in the midst of a 445 mile trip right now and at 65psi I really can't tell much of a difference over the Scorpions and the AT3's from Cooper are pretty beefy for an AT tire. It's a little harsher but very little to me......go figure...

If the wear pattern is solid over time, then I'm absolutely onto something with these Cooper Discover AT3's XLT at 65psi. Same economy +/- 1.5% as the Scopions and far more robust of a solution off road.

https://tirepressure.org/cooper/discoverer-at3-xlt
Sorry if I missed this, but whatā€™s the range hit on your AT3s (and what is the comparison point - stock AT or AS?)? Thanks!

Timdb82

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LG/FE, Lightning Lariat ER, 2011 Tundra TRD
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I'm so curious about range loss with these ...... seems like the stock AT's are prone to cuts, considering KO2's for my next set which is coming up...... SOON.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Sorry if I missed this, but whatā€™s the range hit on your AT3s (and what is the comparison point - stock AT or AS?)? Thanks!
Last night I did a 255 mile freeway run on the Cooper's, starting at 100% charge, long 6% grade and averaged identical range performance as the Scorpions (+/- 1%). Had 0 miles left on the range and ave speed was 65mph (including 11 miles of city). Red warning message going off 1/2 mile from home, pull over, emergency stop coming...or something like that....lol

Timdb82

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Last night I did a 255 mile freeway run on the Cooper's, starting at 100% charge, long 6% grade and averaged identical range performance as the Scorpions (+/- 1%). Had 0 miles left on the range and ave speed was 65mph (including 11 miles of city). Red warning message going off 1/2 mile from home, pull over, emergency stop coming...or something like that....lol

Mark, thanks for the info. I was curious about the OP's KO2 experience. Your report on the cooper's is tempting also - what are the specs on those?

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Mark, thanks for the info. I was curious about the OP's KO2 experience. Your report on the cooper's is tempting also - what are the specs on those?
I'm running the OEM sized Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT and running at 62psi. As noted previously, quiet, excellent off/on road, definitely look the part of a true AT tire and with E load rating, you can reliably run them at higher pressures to get close to the same efficiency. Like the K02's they weigh 10-12 lbs more each, but the sidewalls are durable and it's a true AT tire.

Rivian R1T R1S BFG KO2 - 275/65r20 tires installed on my R1T IMG_0270-1

Sponsored

Timdb82

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Very nice, I image the KO2's are right there also. Did you already mention if it was a PIA to get them installed? I'm curious if discount tire or some of the other shops are equipped yet.....

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Very nice, I image the KO2's are right there also. Did you already mention if it was a PIA to get them installed? I'm curious if discount tire or some of the other shops are equipped yet.....
Not sure if this is for me...but the Coopers balanced with minimal weights and have significantly less wheel vibration than the Scorpions....back-to-back testing with the Scorpions road-force balanced by the SC.....

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
What do you meet ā€œequippedā€. Itā€™s essentially the same as changing any tire on any vehicleā€¦excepting they either have or you bring the jack pucksā€¦.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Checking back on these K02... OP @R1TY how have these been for you the last few months?
Sponsored