mrjdolman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hello,

before the latest software update, my R1T was getting about 256 miles on an 85% charge using Conserve.

after the update it is getting about 286!
Anyone else experiencing this? Not sure how a software update could improve charge range but maybe it can…?
Sponsored

inconceivable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Anyone else experiencing this? Not sure how a software update could improve charge range but maybe it can…?
Are you referring to the range shown on the guess-o-meter? Or is this real life range that you witnessed?

I haven’t done enough distance traveling to know yet any actual range figures, but my guess-o-meter has only changed by a few miles since the update (218@70% vs 215@70% prior)

OP
OP

mrjdolman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Lol “guess o meter”

yea that’s what I’m referring to. But to be fair: under normal driving conditions, the guess o meter has been pretty darn accurate

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

On my test course at 65 degrees here in Sunny AZ, my range is up about 5-6%. I'm impressed.....they'll reach 350 mile range on this set-up one day s00n

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

Just waiting for them to unlock the last 6 kWh on the battery... 👀

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

My range estimate didn't change at all with the update. So weird that some see an update and other don't.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Hello,

before the latest software update, my R1T was getting about 256 miles on an 85% charge using Conserve.

Guessing they fixed an issue with what tires the software thought your truck had. Do you have the 21s?

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
my range stinks but probably because it was -11 today. the app update can't fix physics.

OP
OP

mrjdolman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I do have the AT tires so perhaps it has something to do with that…

Rasputin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KTM, Vespa
Hello,

I have 20 AT's as well and saw the same thing. Looked down at a 70%. charge one morning and it was right around 200 miles. I did a double take, then looked at the range estimates and they seemed a lot higher. Now seeing projected range of 271 miles at 100% in All Purpose, and 293 miles in Conserve mode. I don't remember what they were before but I think I had around 270 in conserve and 250 in AP before the update.

Unrelated to capacity - I also noticed that my efficiency while driving increased. Hard to quantify this because conditions vary but it seems to be getting much better MPGe on the highway for me. Also, my commute chews up less battery percentage, but that could be capacity related or both.

Either way awesome update! These minor gains are huge!!

Sponsored

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have 20 AT's as well and saw the same thing. Looked down at a 70%. charge one morning and it was right around 200 miles. I did a double take, then looked at the range estimates and they seemed a lot higher. Now seeing projected range of 271 miles at 100% in All Purpose, and 293 miles in Conserve mode. I don't remember what they were before but I think I had around 270 in conserve and 250 in AP before the update.
Those are the same numbers as what mine has always shown since I picked it up.

So far no changes that I’ve noticed after the update as far as range or efficiency is concerned.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Maybe just situational, but my truck appears to be more efficient since the update. Small sample size, but my miles per kw figure has consistently increased this week.

Noah Arc

First Name
Noam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Contractor
Hello,

Try tow mode
You will get over 600 miles...
Some geek made a mistake on the code

Jay565

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hyundai
Just waiting for them to unlock the last 6 kWh on the battery... 👀
I don’t know the exact rega, but there is a federal requirement that certain percentage of battery has to be reserved

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

I don’t know the exact rega, but there is a federal requirement that certain percentage of battery has to be reserved
Can you say more about that? In my mind there's a difference between a few things: the user-set max SOC (70, 85 ,etc%), the stated max capacity (135kwh), an effective max charge (125-129kwh by many measures?) and an actual on-product battery deliverable rating (141 kWh, apparently).

It'd be interesting to know where legislation intersects these, if at all.
Sponsored