Sponsored

Best Weather Proof All Weather Floor Mats?

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Dremeled all the rubber spikes on all underside surfaces that come in contact with the hard plastic of the R1T. Messy job and can't say it makes much of a difference but believe it will prevent the hard plastic from getting marred. Only time will tell...
A dremel is dedication. FWIW, I used a pair of convex toe nail clippers. Took about 5 minutes. No safety glasses or rubber dust.
Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I ended up sending my Husky mats back today. I just wasn’t happy with them in comparison to the Rivian all weather mats that I already have.

I modified the driver’s mat for the winter to keep slush/stuff on the mat and not on the carpet. It’s ugly, but hopefully it will do the trick for the winter. I’ll see what other mats are available for next winter.

B6EAB95A-A9B2-46B3-906B-25ADF10EE5A9.jpeg
I hope Husky sees this and gets they need to improve when this is the preferred solution. Are those laminating sheets? I'd imagine after a couple days you wouldn't notice this underfoot but I hope it holds up, I might end up doing the same to the top half of my huskys.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

A dremel is dedication. FWIW, I used a pair of convex toe nail clippers. Took about 5 minutes. No safety glasses or rubber dust.
Smart, I was planning on wire cutters. But since I've never learned how to use the convex ones on my actual toes they will be the perfect tool. (TMI?)

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Why go through the effort of modifying such a terrible quality set of Husky? The Rivians are on a whole lot of different level in quality. Shipped in a full length box to prevent crease for the back row of the R1T. Perfect corner to corner. I don't mind the uncovered driver's footrest and the gap near the door. FWIW, the Huskys look really bad with the peekaboo foot-rest and door-sill guards, and the humongous logos. Besides quality, those really turn me off. I'm really glad I got the OEM Rivians.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Why go through the effort of modifying such a terrible quality set of Husky? The Rivians are on a whole lot of different level in quality. Shipped in a full length box to prevent crease for the back row of the R1T. Perfect corner to corner. I don't mind the uncovered driver's footrest and the gap near the door. FWIW, the Huskys look really bad with the peekaboo foot-rest and door-sill guards, and the humongous logos. Besides quality, those really turn me off. I'm really glad I got the OEM Rivians.
I have both the oem and husky floor mats and even though the husky’s are not 100 % perfect, they protect much more of the floorboards and believe they will do a better job of overall protection vs oem

Sponsored

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
I have both the oem and husky floor mats and even though the husky’s are not 100 % perfect, they protect much more of the floorboards and believe they will do a better job of overall protection vs oem
Before getting in, I have always been careful not to drag a ton of stuff inside. I always clap my feet together to clear snow and what not outside before I put my feet inside on the mats. The mats for me is for containing the melted snow within it, and nothing else. The OEM mats are perfect for me. Looks perfect. Quality perfect. Would have been a 10 with the compass yellow logos!

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I hope Husky sees this and gets they need to improve when this is the preferred solution. Are those laminating sheets? I'd imagine after a couple days you wouldn't notice this underfoot but I hope it holds up, I might end up doing the same to the top half of my huskys.
It’s actually clear contact paper that I had left over from another project. I also have clear carpet protector that’s super sticky if the contact paper doesn’t work out.

It actually feels fine underfoot and I don’t notice it at all.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Before getting in, I have always been careful not to drag a ton of stuff inside. I always clap my feet together to clear snow and what not outside before I put my feet inside on the mats. The mats for me is for containing the melted snow within it, and nothing else. The OEM mats are perfect for me. Looks perfect. Quality perfect. Would have been a 10 with the compass yellow logos!
You sound like someone without young/small children! :) Sure, I knock snow and mud off my feet before getting in the car, but not a single other person in my family does that.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
You sound like someone without young/small children! :) Sure, I knock snow and mud off my feet before getting in the car, but not a single other person in my family does that.
At least the back seat coverage looks a LITTLE better than the fronts. I am conflicted. Given the price I may just take delivery of the Rivian mats and switch to WeatherTech once they are out.

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

Just chatted with PimpmyEV, about the 3D Max mats - they are waiting for 3D Max to authorize the launch, which could be any day.

Just FYI, these mats are made in China, for the people who care about that stuff.

Personally, I would have preferred to support the local economy, but it appears our local offerings are not implementing our design requests (longer dead pedal for instance)

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I like the Smartliner option. The complete set is around $225 but unfortunately SOLD OUT at the moment.

Any owners want to comment on these? Unlike OEM mats these overlap the sill area.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I like the Smartliner option. The complete set is around $225 but unfortunately SOLD OUT at the moment.

Any owners want to comment on these? Unlike OEM mats these overlap the sill area.
I’ve never tried them myself but on page 1 of this thread @Killer95Stang said these were preferred because they send the water out the door unlike the WTs which hold it all in the mat. I see the different design but from what I can see it looks like it simply allows it to run back onto the carpet by the seat? I could be mistaken. I like the design otherwise though…

https://www.smartliner-usa.com/prod...r-2022-2023-rivian-r1t?variant=40293102125165

Rivian R1T R1S Best Weather Proof All Weather Floor Mats? 1668713021938

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I pick my daughter up and put her in the truck (she’s 4 btw and can’t get into the truck/her seat on her own anyway) and if her shoes are a mess, then I take them off of her. She thinks this is all normal. Other people probably look at me like I’m nuts. 😂

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer

I called and they had no ETA when they would be back in stock.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I called and they had no ETA when they would be back in stock.
Has anyone seen these ones in person? I never saw the mats in stock only the front liner and assumed the mats were a new add not yet to market.
Sponsored