Sponsored

Best Weather Proof All Weather Floor Mats?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Well I just called Husky to cancel my order and they told me I'm expected to actually receive the mats today.....it still says processing online and I never got any shipment notifications. So I guess I will get the mats and try the fit, then decide if I want to return the Husky mats or sell my OEM mats. They said I can return them for free if I decide to do that....we'll see if that pans out if I decide to go that route.

Long story short, I guess I will see today how the Weatherbeaters fit compared to the OEM mats.
Ohio isnā€™t that far from CanadašŸ«”
Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Ohio isnā€™t that far from CanadašŸ«”
Haha. I had contacted tuxmat a while ago and I definitely looked to see how far it was away. Itā€™s about 7 hours each way from meā€¦..little far to travel for free mats. If I lived in Buffalo and it was 2 hours each way, then Iā€™d volunteer for fellow owners.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Haha. I had contacted tuxmat a while ago and I definitely looked to see how far it was away. Itā€™s about 7 hours each way from meā€¦..little far to travel for free mats. If I lived in Buffalo and it was 2 hours each way, then Iā€™d volunteer for fellow owners.
Yeah, 14 hours is a bit much for free mats. This is really Rivianā€™s fault for not delivering in Canada yet. ā˜¹

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Same results on my end. Don't get why they have the tech for the pin downs but only use them in one row. Either you buy into clipping them down or not wanting a weep hole for fluid, but doing both is odd.

Also have the wrinkle and half coverage of the foot rest. Could have gone another few inches up for the cost, now I'll just knock stuff behind the mat. Sub area wasn't great but won't bother me as much as the rest.
PXL_20221113_152503922.jpg

PXL_20221113_152412185.jpg

PXL_20221113_151642493.jpg

PXL_20221111_213241401_copy_2016x1512.jpg
I got the front mats for my R1S. The driverā€™s side is a pretty decent fit. Passenger side has the same crease as reported above. Hoping this flattens out over time.

The spikes are whatā€™s odd. They are present where the mat covers the rivian plastic trim: door seal, knee and foot pieces. Early adopter tax. Perhaps these will improve in the next gen. For now, itā€™s a big improvement vs the OEM mats.

Iā€™m going to try clipping the spikes off from the areas that touch the plastic-on-plastic trim and see if the fit improves.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I offered to be the 1st scan guinea pig for TuxMat but didn't want to commit to the 2-3 trips (18 hrs total driving and 3 days of my life for me) especially because best case I figured I'd get the mats mid January. They didn't bite on the partial offer but hopefully someone makes the trip before too long, if anyone wants to band together I'd still make a day trip to Toronto.
First to market won out for me and generally happy with the Husky product but Tux looked much nicer online.
@PappaBolt I'll likely be doing some nub trimming as well. perplexing oversight on their end.

Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
I got the front mats for my R1S. The driverā€™s side is a pretty decent fit. Passenger side has the same crease as reported above. Hoping this flattens out over time.

The spikes are whatā€™s odd. They are present where the mat covers the rivian plastic trim: door seal, knee and foot pieces. Early adopter tax. Perhaps these will improve in the next gen. For now, itā€™s a big improvement vs the OEM mats.

Iā€™m going to try clipping the spikes off from the areas that touch the plastic-on-plastic trim and see if the fit improves.
I am scheduled to get my Husly Mats later today and thinking about using a Dremel to sand down the spikes that overlap the plastic trim,

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I guess I will see today how the Weatherbeaters fit compared to the OEM mats.
Weatherbeater mats are available?
I am scheduled to get my Husly Mats later today and thinking about using a Dremel to sand down the spikes that overlap the plastic trim,
LMK how that works out. You may get to this mod before I do. :cool:

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, the front and rears are available.

I did a fit of the driver/passenger front Husky Weatherbeater mats. The driver side fit OK and was fine, but the passenger side was sub-par in my opinion. It may relax and fit better, but I was disappointed with the fit compared to other Husky products I've gotten in the past. I didn't even bother to fit the rear mat.

So based on this, I think I'm sending the Husky mats back and just keeping the OEM all weather mats for now. I'll rig something up on the driver side to give me some more coverage under the accelerator and over the dead pedal.

Update:
I have the passenger mat sitting on the register in the house to heat up and relax to see if that helps the fit before I return them. The other mats are laying on the floor to heat up and relax as well. No sun/warm weather outside to do the old sun trick.

Rivian R1T R1S Best Weather Proof All Weather Floor Mats? 2070B61D-E530-4DDB-A7CA-E94F07F932E9

Rivian R1T R1S Best Weather Proof All Weather Floor Mats? 5088F1CF-01E5-4040-811A-F49F5E0F3639

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Yes, the front and rears are available.

I did a fit of the driver/passenger front Husky Weatherbeater mats. The driver side fit OK and was fine, but the passenger side was sub-par in my opinion. It may relax and fit better, but I was disappointed with the fit compared to other Husky products I've gotten in the past. I didn't even bother to fit the rear mat.

So based on this, I think I'm sending the Husky mats back and just keeping the OEM all weather mats for now. I'll rig something up on the driver side to give me some more coverage under the accelerator and over the dead pedal.

2070B61D-E530-4DDB-A7CA-E94F07F932E9.jpeg

5088F1CF-01E5-4040-811A-F49F5E0F3639.jpeg
You might have bigger problems than floor mats. Your truck appears to be infested with critters.

Rivian R1T R1S Best Weather Proof All Weather Floor Mats? 1668455091077

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
You might have bigger problems than floor mats. Your truck appears to be infested with critters.

1668455091077.png
haha.....trusty Mr. Camel. I've had that thing for like 15 years and it's been in every car I've owned since I've gotten it. It's become a joke now and my wife says I've had a longer relationship with that camel than her, which is true. I told my daughter when she can drive, I will pass the Camel to her. She's 4, so she is excited now.....but when she's 16 she might not be so excited. haha.

Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Got my front mats today and basically share the same experience as you all. Passenger side required some real pushing against the center console to get the snaps fastened, and there's a bit of a bend where the mat curves upward. Driver's side fits a little better.

Overall these aren't as good as WeatherTechs that I've had in multiple previous vehicles, but they do cover a lot more than the WTs ever did (or any OEM all-weather mat), so I will keep these. No idea when the rear mat will ship, but hopefully they fix the issue with the knobbies on the area that covers the sills before mine do ship.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I'm on the e-mail list for the WeatherTech R1T floor mats when they become available. I have had great luck with them in the past.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate

LMK how that works out. You may get to this mod before I do. :cool:
Dremeled all the rubber spikes on all underside surfaces that come in contact with the hard plastic of the R1T. Messy job and can't say it makes much of a difference but believe it will prevent the hard plastic from getting marred. Only time will tell...

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I ended up sending my Husky mats back today. I just wasnā€™t happy with them in comparison to the Rivian all weather mats that I already have.

I modified the driverā€™s mat for the winter to keep slush/stuff on the mat and not on the carpet. Itā€™s ugly, but hopefully it will do the trick for the winter. Iā€™ll see what other mats are available for next winter.

Rivian R1T R1S Best Weather Proof All Weather Floor Mats? B6EAB95A-A9B2-46B3-906B-25ADF10EE5A9

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs