JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Tire spoons and related tools.
Ah sorry, you said tools to take off the wheel from the tires. I get it now. Thank you
Sponsored

Firewired

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EL Cap R1T, Model 3,
Me, I would rather do it myself. I don't know where others live. Every time I go to my local tire store, I am there for hours. It is really the pits. I figure once I get a spare it will be pretty easy to rotate the tires every 5k.

Greg Chick

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Plumbing Contractor
Clubs

I hear your question, if the jack using the puck is in the jack/puck spot, how can a stand be placed in the same spot while the jack is there? So, the reply seemed to be put the stand under the lower wheel control arm.. The reply question to that is, if that can be done, why does the Rivian puck and spot need to exist? My interest is rotating wheels, I am buying 2 wheels with tires on them, that way I use the puck spot, remove a wheel and put one of my extra wheels on that corner of the Rivian. An extra wheel is needed to do this and the extra wheel is required to be included in the roataion.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I use four (4) 10T Bottle Jacks and my magnetic pucks for rotations. Other's may not agree, but the bottle jack serves as pseudo jack stand to me, even if the ram fails it still has some protection.

Last edited:

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
I have the Pro Eagle Kratos. Can handle both the height and weight easily, but is also great for off-roading.
Man...my Pro Eagle was the best jack i ever owned until someone stole it right out of my trailer in the light of day at Road America. Still angry.

Sponsored

Laurent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
I have no experience with this 3-ton low-profile floor jack from Harbor Freight but it seems to have good reviews online and it's on sale for $130. Its maximum lift height is 20", which should be good enough for the R1S & R1T.

Rivian R1T R1S Best Floor Jack? Floor jack

Jhawk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Highlander, Tundra
Occupation
Marketing
I have no experience with this 3-ton low-profile floor jack from Harbor Freight but it seems to have good reviews online and it's on sale for $130. Its maximum lift height is 20", which should be good enough for the R1S & R1T.

Floor jack.jpg
I bought two of these for my rotations. They work fine but do require two pucks to get high enough.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I use the Harbor Freight 3T with 24 1/4" of lift 3T 24" Lift HF Floor Jack. It's on sale now for $209. Frankly, it's an incredible value for the money. Avoids stacking pucks. It's low profile as well for my lowered 2JZ El Camino.

Here is my unconventional way of rotating tires quickly.

Either two 10T bottle jacks with our pucks or two HF 3T high lift floor jacks. Lift opposite corners and then use the 4T flat top Jack Stands with our Jack Pucks with the Grip Tech Bottom (no slippage) on the other corners. Works like a charm, not saying you cannot do this another way, but it's how I do it.

Rivian R1T R1S Best Floor Jack? 20230504_105748

Rivian R1T R1S Best Floor Jack? Gen 2 Side Web

Rivian R1T R1S Best Floor Jack? 20230504_122850
Sponsored