Best charging pad, OEM quality

mzdds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S, 2023 R1S
Occupation
Dentist
I just installed the charging pad from https://adventurehightech.com/. It is what Rivian should have come up with. It has a strong magnet as I test drove it through speed bumps and sharp turns. Super easy install and above all it fits right in with the interior. The flocking is very nicely done. The drawer closes very well. Just a great all around job.
Rivian R1T R1S Best charging pad, OEM quality 8050F377-B68A-48DD-935B-00FD2886C1C7
Rivian R1T R1S Best charging pad, OEM quality DB0B3EAF-8C0B-4C5C-992D-7FD82E236A9E
Rivian R1T R1S Best charging pad, OEM quality 66C41FD4-B454-437E-AB0D-DD5A3D0ECFB4
Rivian R1T R1S Best charging pad, OEM quality 6E61966E-76E6-492F-885A-CD3314BF869A
Rivian R1T R1S Best charging pad, OEM quality 4231ACEA-6D04-48D6-8790-1111ABD8F23F
Sponsored

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
Their website doesn’t show it as an option?

OP
OP
mzdds

mzdds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dentist
Their website doesn’t show it as an option?
You’ll have to email him as he’s just getting started with this.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Really nice!! Same as above comment, I don't see it listed in their website.

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Hi, guys! Ordering is not quite available yet. Gathering some initial feedback to avoid any bad surprises. Getting very close though!

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Does it use one or two USB ports?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Not to be pedantic but you don't really want OEM quality because the OEM one sucks. That's why the need for the aftermarket ones.

Reactions: sub
OP
OP
mzdds

mzdds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dentist
Can't wait for you to open order for it.
Not to be pedantic but you don't really want OEM quality because the OEM one sucks. That's why the need for the aftermarket ones.
Agree regarding the poor Rivian part but in general the term OEM taken in the context of luxury cars, means superior quality.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Agree regarding the poor Rivian part but in general the term OEM taken in the context of luxury cars, means superior quality.
OEM is an acronym for Original Equipment Manufacturer AKA stock. I get what you were trying to do but OEM literally means stock. The stock quality one sucks.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
OEM is an acronym for Original Equipment Manufacturer AKA stock. I get what you were trying to do but OEM literally means stock. The stock quality one sucks.
I believe the OEM reference was with regard to fit, finish, and overall integration with the vehicle - not so much the functional aspect for which we can all agree the stock charging pad missed the mark. In other words, the original ask was who makes a good product that looks and feels like it should have come from the factory. Don't get so hung up on words, life is too short. :) We all get that you don't won't something that replicates the functionality of the current Rivian implementation (neither does anyone else).

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
I believe the OEM reference was with regard to fit, finish, and overall integration with the vehicle - not so much the functional aspect for which we can all agree the stock charging pad missed the mark. In other words, the original ask was who makes a good product that looks and feels like it should have come from the factory. Don't get so hung up on words, life is too short. :) We all get that you don't won't something that replicates the functionality of the current Rivian implementation (neither does anyone else).
Yeah that’s why I said at the risk of being pedantic. I get your point. I knew my comment was borderline unnecessary but stuff tends to nag at me sometimes and I just have to.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Yeah that’s why I said at the risk of being pedantic. I get your point. I knew my comment was borderline unnecessary but stuff tends to nag at me sometimes and I just have to.
I hear ya. I type an awful lot of responses to posts here to get those thoughts out of my head but I've come to a point where I just don't bother to hit send on most of them any more. I get the therapeutic benefits without having to commit to a longer back and forth forum debate. 🤣

BrianNakata

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Shelby GT350
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
Agreed that this is a superb product. The only issue I had was due to the width of the genuine Apple MagSafe pucks I purchased for it. They slightly interfere with each other and don’t go in straight to the power adapter. I’ll probably need to sand them down slightly so that they don’t stress the solder joints of the connectors in the power adapter.

The pad fits perfectly and I like that it completely replaces the original charging pad and uses no USB-C ports. As stated by others, the fit and finish of the product are fantastic.

Brian
Sponsored