R1T bed length

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I realize I'm not the target audience but damn my Kawasaki Pro Fx side x side has a bigger bed than the R1T. Almost to the point that "pickup" is a misnomer.
Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I'll bet you a dollar they fit in the bed just fine with the tonneau closed.

Your 190cm skis are 74.8" long. The flat-on-the-floor corner-to-corner measurement of the bed interior should be 74.3" [sqrt(51.1^2+54^2)], not quite enough, but we also have the vertical dimension. The first leg of that triangle is the bed width, and the second is the corner-to-corner of the side wall = 56" [sqrt(17^2+54^2)]. So your diagonal from bottom front passenger corner to top rear driver corner is 75.8" [sqrt(51.1^2+56^2)]-- long enough to fit a 74.8" pair of skis.
That’s a straight line “string” measurement. With the ski width and tip/tail camber, plus the doubling of that when the skis are put together bases facing each other, you’re going to need more than an extra inch of clearance to get them to fit. I have 180’s and *hoping* they fit. I’m doubtful on 190’s.

Other option is to leave the tails hanging over the tailgate and close the tonneau as much as possible against them. The bindings should prevent someone taking them without opening the tonneau further. Assuming the tonneau can lock in any position and not just fully closed.