Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
I’m in Mountain View and got the invite. 4/2020 reservation on an el cap granite R1S LE. Excited to test drive on Nov 14!!
Gives me some hope that I might get a ping soon. I'm just a couple months after you.
Sponsored

EV-X Oregon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Volvo XC 60, BWM X5, Honda Odessey
Occupation
Principal Real Estate Broker
At the Southern Oregon / Northern California border (Ashland OR). No invite yet.... : (

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Got an invite and signed up for Sunday morning, 11/7. I was an early preorder, 11/30/18, during the L.A. Auto Show. Currently configured as R1T, LE, LG, OC, 20 ATs. I've gone back and forth on exterior colors between LG and GW and interior colors between OC and BM.

Being able to compare colors at Sonoma will be a great benefit. I'm also wanting to know exactly what the off-road package entails, and bi-directionality or V2H is also hugely important to me. PG&E is my electricity provider and its reliability is poor.

Are there other issues/items that should be nailed down? Let me know.
Check if the largest snow peak mug from the camp kitchen fits in the cupholders ????

boredcleaner

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Model 3, R1T VIN 34XX LE Glacier White
Occupation
Engineer
Check if the largest snow peak mug from the camp kitchen fits in the cupholders ????
Similarly...I'll bring the Rivian mug and see if that fits!

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Similarly...I'll bring the Rivian mug and see if that fits!
If the Rivian mug is a MIIR one, it appears to be 1mm smaller in diameter than the snow peak H450 double walled mug. so if one fits, the other will

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Got an invite and signed up for Sunday morning, 11/7. I was an early preorder, 11/30/18, during the L.A. Auto Show. Currently configured as R1T, LE, LG, OC, 20 ATs. I've gone back and forth on exterior colors between LG and GW and interior colors between OC and BM.

Being able to compare colors at Sonoma will be a great benefit. I'm also wanting to know exactly what the off-road package entails, and bi-directionality or V2H is also hugely important to me. PG&E is my electricity provider and its reliability is poor.

Are there other issues/items that should be nailed down? Let me know.
Would be nice if they have trucks without the off road option there so people can see the main difference.

gilotmu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
No invite for me yet, in sunnyvale and reserved Aug 21. I’m not expecting an invite, but wondering if I can be the plus one for someone, willing to carpool too if you are coming from the peninsula or South Bay. I know that means I probably won’t get a chance to drive but I would still love to see the truck. I’m also not sure how the invites look to know if that’s even possible.

SCA

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, Subaru Outback
I'm in Fair Oaks, right outside Sacramento. No invite. Reserved January 2021 - R1T Glacier White/Black Mountain.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm in Fair Oaks, right outside Sacramento. No invite. Reserved January 2021 - R1T Glacier White/Black Mountain.
If you don’t have an LE preorder, you aren’t getting an invite, at least not at first.

Sponsored

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
You could have reserved an LE and then switched at any time. No advantage in configuring the Max pack.
We know that now.

I don't believe that - during the very brief period where LE were actually available to reserve - we knew that "Reserve an LE, to get the early test drive, and then switch to Max Pack later" was a remotely reasonable strategy.

State11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Defender D90
We know that now.

I don't believe that - during the very brief period where LE were actually available to reserve - we knew that "Reserve an LE, to get the early test drive, and then switch to Max Pack later" was a remotely reasonable strategy.
I got an invite (6/19). I originally configured an LE, but then changed it & missed out. Not sure if that's why I got invited or not. Regardless, I'm excited to go. Sears Point/Sonoma Speedway is where I met my wife at a bike race 16 years ago. Now we're headed back for the first time with kids in tow.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
We know that now.

It was very obvious to me (and many others) that there was absolutely no downside to configuring an LE.
It was clearly stated that you could change it to something else later, but that there would not be an option to change to the LE at a later date. Any configuration was zero commitment, but the LE was a one time opportunity.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
It was very obvious to me (and many others) that there was absolutely no downside to configuring an LE.
It was clearly stated that you could change it to something else later, but that there would not be an option to change to the LE at a later date. Any configuration was zero commitment, but the LE was a one time opportunity.
"... absolutely no downside ..."

So you knew - for absolute certain - that configuring an LE and then changing to Max Pack later wouldn't put you later in line than those folks who chose a Max Pack right away?

Maybe you were privy to some internal communication confirming that which most of us never saw?

Since the odds of me buying an LE were 0%, and the odds of me buying a Max Pack were 100%, and since I wanted to guarantee my Max Pack "place in line" was as high up as possible... I saw absolutely zero upside to reserving the LE and pulling a switch.

And even today - knowing that maybe I would've gotten invited to this first test drive even if I did the switcharoo - I still wouldn't have done it. Because I still see no guarantee that that wouldn't have hurt my place in line for a Max Pack.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I still don’t understand how people are so sure about strategies and seem to have insider knowledge…
I’m not a LE reservation holder. I didn’t switch or anything. If anything I am part of the first 10k people who put a deposit down but that’s it.
I’m glad to see some people had strategies to get to a 30 minutes test drive. I’m happy to report that I got the invite and scheduled my 30 minutes test drive without any strategy :p
Sponsored