Sponsored

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
What’s that in percentage? Miles can fluctuate at the same battery level depending on a lot of factors.
Good point. I'm only now starting to log (I really wish Rivian let you keep one instead of the tripometer A/B thing), but about 5% would be my guess.
Sponsored

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

In 12 hours, I lost 4 miles or 2% (unlocked in my garage), that's really bad. My Model 3 lost 2% is 5 days, where its outside, not in the comfy garage like the Rivian.

I've been thinking though, when it was in my driveway it was locking and unlocking all night, until I turned off auto locking at home. But even now when I approach when it's unlocked, it still flashes the lights and turns on the lights in the handles, so it's still watching and looking for me to be near.

Is it the proximity locking that is causing a good amount of drain? The M3 & MY Teslas only really look for you when you pull the handle, so maybe they can go into a deeper sleep. Maybe I'll disable passive locking and use the fob for a few days and see if that makes any difference.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My most recent test, using the previous system software (not latest as of today).

Summary: In sub-freezing temperature parking, the truck lost 4.4% of charge per day. 😳

Charged to 85%, drove to the Denver airport. Parked at 69% 9am December 16th. Turned off Hotspot, Wi-Fi, and Gear Guard. Left Bluetooth on. I force quit the Rivian app on my phone and at no point during the trip did I re-launch the app.

Denver airport experienced cold temperatures while I was away, mostly below freezing, including 62 consecutive hours at the end below freezing.
  • 16th: 17°F to 30°F
  • 17th: 5°F to 29°F
  • 18th: 13°F to 39°F
  • 19th: 15°F to 46°F
  • 20th: 22°F to 45°F
  • 21st: -9°F to 50°F
  • 22nd: -18°F to -7°F
  • 23rd: -12°F to 11°F
  • 24th: 5°F to 10°F (it warmed up more after I picked up the truck at 6am)
Upon arrival 8 days later (really 7 days, 21 hours) the truck was at 35%.
Ugh, thats awful. I hope like snow mode, Rivian is working on this as the next major issue as we speak because this is the #1 issue preventing me from being over the moon excited about switching to an R1T.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
@zymolysis

I saw you hit some wow buttons on my prior posts, so figured I would update. Recent updates have made the vampire losses much better. I average 2-3%/day vs the 5-6% prior.

I also find the car flatlines around 70% where it’ll go into a deep sleep if it hasn’t been plugged in or driven for a while where it will lose almost nothing. During this time software updates won’t come through, the app is slower to respond, etc. but with the new software updates it can sit for two weeks.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (broken), 20"], 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

@zymolysis

I saw you hit some wow buttons on my prior posts, so figured I would update. Recent updates have made the vampire losses much better. I average 2-3%/day vs the 5-6% prior.

I also find the car flatlines around 70% where it’ll go into a deep sleep if it hasn’t been plugged in or driven for a while where it will lose almost nothing. During this time software updates won’t come through, the app is slower to respond, etc. but with the new software updates it can sit for two weeks.
Very glad to hear that the updates are bringing that number down for you. Interesting to hear about the 70% level - that's where I've been charging to as my limit, most of the time.
I need to take notes about SOC, to check mine more carefully. A few days ago I did check it overnight, and saw that it dropped about 1% in 12 hours. That seems excessive to me (temperatures are pretty mild in Phoenix), but I can't be sure that I didn't get too close to it with my phone, causing it to wake up. I do want to try it with the PAAK disabled for home setting, and perhaps with the app turned off.
Sponsored