Sponsored

Battery Upgrade?

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

But Tesla has a great Supercharger network.
And there are other rapidly increasing networks available for the Tesla and other EV's, eg. Rivian. Not to mention the Adventure Network that has yet to be constructed.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
“I wish this car got more on a tank of gas/charge” is never a thought that’s run through my mind in my ICE vehicles or 2 Tesla’s. Speak for yourself!
I always do speak for myself in the hopes that some of the things I learn by studying this stuff may benefit others. A little analysis shows that greater range increases driver charging options. You were obviously totally unaware of this. Now you are.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE Retired
And there are other rapidly increasing networks available for the Tesla and other EV's, eg. Rivian. Not to mention the Adventure Network that has yet to be constructed.
There is no Tesla network in some parts of Canada where I like to travel but there are other networks. These do make travel there possible but the chargers are limited to 50 kW CHAdeMO. Even where PetroCanada is installing larger chargers, those have one 50 kW CHAdeMO hose. In the US the other networks are pretty useless to the Tesla driver as there is nearly always a faster, cheaper Super Charger near by. In 2 years of driving Tesla I have used an "other" network charger only once in the US and that was to see if my CHAdeMO adapter worked.

The Rivians and CyberTrucks are going to use about twice as much energy per mile as the current crop of Tesla's do. Thus 50 kW isn't going to be as beneficial to a CT driver as it is to a current Tesla driver. Tesla really needs to make a CCS adapter.

Reactions: DBO

DBO

First Name
Dafydd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CR-V
There is no Tesla network in some parts of Canada where I like to travel but there are other networks. These do make travel there possible but the chargers are limited to 50 kW CHAdeMO. Even where PetroCanada is installing larger chargers, those have one 50 kW CHAdeMO hose. In the US the other networks are pretty useless to the Tesla driver as there is nearly always a faster, cheaper Super Charger near by. In 2 years of driving Tesla I have used an "other" network charger only once in the US and that was to see if my CHAdeMO adapter worked.

The Rivians and CyberTrucks are going to use about twice as much energy per mile as the current crop of Tesla's do. Thus 50 kW isn't going to be as beneficial to a CT driver as it is to a current Tesla driver. Tesla really needs to make a CCS adapter.
I think they do actually have a CCS adapter, but only for the European market. I’ve never really understood why, but it is what it is.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE Retired
That's my understanding too. In Europe the connector is different I think because the Level 2 part is 3 phase.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LevelHeaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM
Occupation
Financial Technology
Clubs

I always do speak for myself in the hopes that some of the things I learn by studying this stuff may benefit others. A little analysis shows that greater range increases driver charging options. You were obviously totally unaware of this. Now you are.
You’ve not made me aware of any data I was previously unaware of, and your anecdotes/opinions haven’t had an impact on my feelings or preferences. Sorry!

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
You’ve not made me aware of any data I was previously unaware of, and your anecdotes/opinions haven’t had an impact on my feelings or preferences. Sorry!
I found some educational tidbits in the discussion. Mostly, it makes me want regulatory bodies to step in and force the manufactures to give us actual data on the battery packs.
Sponsored