Sponsored

Automotive News - Rivian ready for big things - Forest Edge on the production line!!! Black R1S !!!

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director

Sponsored

steelwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Clubs

Has anybody else noticed that on the Parts Ready to Assemble slide, 10th slide, there are burnt orange tailgate, hood, and door? There is also a second tailgate that looks like canyon red. I'm assuming it's just a lighting difference, but I really want that orange full time.

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
That FG tuck with FE interior doesn't look too "green on green" in that state, which I am excited by as I currently am thinking of going FG/FE
That's my current config. After seeing this pic earlier I sent my guide a text asking if this was my truck. I was kidding, but he responded anyway. Said that one is too early in production to have a VIN.

The more I see Forest Green the more I want to switch to it. Would be nice to see it in person.
I was not a fan of FG until I saw it in person. In the sunlight it's is absolutely gorgeous. A little dark in the shade, but we get 300 days of sunshine here so I'll be good.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
That's my current config. After seeing this pic earlier I sent my guide a text asking if this was my truck. I was kidding, but he responded anyway. Said that one is too early in production to have a VIN.

I was not a fan of FG until I saw it in person. In the sunlight it's is absolutely gorgeous. A little dark in the shade, but we get 300 days of sunshine here so I'll be good.
Good point, Colorado is awesome. I’m really looking for the best color that looks clean with minimal work. I’m not one to wash and wax my car all the time. And pretty much never wax. That’s why I have white configured right now.

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
To me, the scale of the photo makes the R1S look longer than it truly is.

Reactions: RDB

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
That FG tuck with FE interior doesn't look too "green on green" in that state, which I am excited by as I currently am thinking of going FG/FE
The first Rivian I saw in person was a FG/FE at the opening of the Venice Hub. The green interior is almost green/gray and really works. It didn't feel too green on green to me. And the wood is really nice. It feels like it was designed to work together so well I'm not sure what other exterior color would work with the FE interior.

Sponsored

raj

First Name
raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
The first Rivian I saw in person was a FG/FE at the opening of the Venice Hub. The green interior is almost green/gray and really works. It didn't feel too green on green to me. And the wood is really nice. It feels like it was designed to work together so well I'm not sure what other exterior color would work with the FE interior.
White?!! Want the green interior, but not sure how green it's gonna be. OC right now.

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Has anybody else noticed that on the Parts Ready to Assemble slide, 10th slide, there are burnt orange tailgate, hood, and door? There is also a second tailgate that looks like canyon red. I'm assuming it's just a lighting difference, but I really want that orange full time.
I desperately want a nice burnt-orange R1S that has some yellow/gold and red when caught in the sunlight correctly. I loved the orange on my Hot Lava FR-S (picture from FT86club, not mine).

Rivian R1T R1S Automotive News - Rivian ready for big things - Forest Edge on the production line!!! Black R1S !!! attachment

steelwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Clubs

I desperately want a nice burnt-orange R1S that has some yellow/gold and red when caught in the sunlight correctly. I loved the orange on my Hot Lava FR-S (picture from FT86club, not mine).

attachment.jpg
I would be all about that. The red canyon is a nice color but I especially love the pictures of it where the orange really shows through.

lmr

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat B7, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Technical Product Management
Clubs

The R1S looks like an Escalade! At least the size.
That photo looks a bit stretched to me, or maybe its those wheels, but something makes that R1S look longer than it is. R1S is 11" shorter than a standard Escalade and 26" shorter than an Escalade ESV. Despite being 11" shorter, however, the wheelbase between the R1s and Escalade is almost identical, which I find interesting.
Sponsored