First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Telecommunications
I haven't seen anything like this yet for Rivian, but the internet is a vast and ever expanding world of data..... Looking to understand the current status of the automatic braking (crash detection) of the Rivian vehicles. Looking to see if the tech is developed enough to stop if there was a human/animal in front of the vehicle, or another car for that matter.

Its a silly video, but the Carwow guy had a nice demo of the sensors/software on Teslas and other EVs and how they responded to humans and animals even.

Has anyone seen or have a link to a video or article explaining capability? The Rivian site just calls out applied brakes and stopping in a very generic way.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I would get a cardboard poster cut out of your favorite superhero* and race at it in the parking lot.

*Your favorite politician works too.

OP
OP

RoadForce

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Telecommunications
I would get a cardboard poster cut out of your favorite superhero* and race at it in the parking lot.

*Your favorite politician works too.
Believe me, i know the video is pretty campy, but it did display the capabilities of the various vehicles.

timmmmeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GS
At the end of the test drive at Aqua Dulce, they had me trigger cruise control at about 40-50mph (forgot the exact speed) and steer the car straight. It drove up to a car, made out of cardboard, that was placed in the middle of the runway, and the car stopped by itself.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RoadForce

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Telecommunications
At the end of the test drive at Aqua Dulce, they had me trigger cruise control at about 40-50mph (forgot the exact speed) and steer the car straight. It drove up to a car, made out of cardboard, that was placed in the middle of the runway, and the car stopped by itself.
Thanks! Thats the first confirmation that i am hearing about this being active! Hopefully we will see more demos of this in the future now that more people are taking their deliveries.

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Yep have used it. Not intentionally but was on a freeway onramp and the car next to me was not playing zipper nicely so I stepped on it a bit too much. The screen blinked red and it "yelled" at me with an audible warning as well as text and (the truck) slammed on my brakes! Scared me but there was no harm and honestly I think I would have hit the car in front of me if it did not hit the brakes.

So CONFIRMED it works!

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Yep, a car zipped through a stop sign and I got the auto brake blink, etc. They were going like the proverbial bat out of hell (sorry about MeatLoaf) and the warning was short. Good to see though.
Sponsored