Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
For my fellow central Texans:

I visited the Austin service Center right after it opened. Random stop by to scope it out - didn’t call ahead.

I was greeted super friendly, courteous and enthusiastically.

Michael, who I met sat and chatted with me for a good bit, shared some insights and walked me over to the “stables” to see a few colors up close. Discussed general process and how they were ramping up and all excited about being open.

Showed up that same weekend with my wife and kiddo while they were bringing in and prepping 3 more R1S’s, and Mike came
over again and just shot the shit, talked family, was great with my kiddo. Such great interactions so far.

I’m close to my R1S delivery, more details to come when I can post a full schedule to help others with anticipating their deliveries….with pics :)

During the process, I must say - My guide has been super responsive. A couple days after initial contact I had a question, reached out and found out she was on vacation for multiple days. But there was a referral to a cover guide, who I reached out to, but with dampered expectations. That guide called me back within the hour and treated me like I was hers as well. Soon as my guide was back she reached out to make sure everything had been covered and we were in a good spot.

Getting close, and got a text from
Michael - just touching bad and giving me some rough idea of where they were witha reminder to get my stuff in gear and taken care of for delivery - helpful and appreciated.

In the planning of schedule and Money shuffle, I texted him back with some auestions late on a Friday, expecting I’d get a text response Monday morning; yet Michael
personally called me at 5pm on Friday.

My guide, Kylie, and this local Austin team is really shaping up to be a great group. I couldn’t be more confident in the service level we’re gonna be getting here.
Sponsored

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
Michael is a great guy. Very high energy. I really appreciate his enthusiasm. Makes you feel a lot more comfortable about the whole process. I think we are going to luck out in Austin.

My guide is Kristyn. She's phenomenal. Very responsive and knowledgeable. She gets back to me in literally minutes sometimes. Overall I've very impressed with the Rivian team.

You probably saw a beautiful blue/OC R1T while you were there ;)

OP
OP
DynoSaur

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
Michael is a great guy. Very high energy. I really appreciate his enthusiasm. Makes you feel a lot more comfortable about the whole process. I think we are going to luck out in Austin.

My guide is Kristyn. She's phenomenal. Very responsive and knowledgeable. She gets back to me in literally minutes sometimes. Overall I've very impressed with the Rivian team.

You probably saw a beautiful blue/OC R1T while you were there ;)
Absolutely gorgeous combo.

That first visit, I did see it. I actually texted my Spicewood friend who ordered before me, but is waiting on OC R1S, that I saw that one and thought the interior was worth waiting for.

OP
OP
DynoSaur

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
Think I’m a week away. crossing fingers.

July ‘20 reservation.

R1S, LE, LG, 22 brights, BM.

VIN assigned, She’s here in Austin and just waiting for QCI.

So if you see me, honk and wave. Always down to stop at the nearest bar for a glass of something delicious and brown.

Sponsored

acoleslaw

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Occupation
Business Owner
Think I’m a week away. crossing fingers.

July ‘20 reservation.

R1S, LE, LG, 22 brights, BM.

VIN assigned, She’s here in Austin and just waiting for QCI.

So if you see me, honk and wave. Always down to stop at the nearest bar for a glass of something delicious and brown.
Oh wow! I'm also in Austin and ordered nearly the exact same spec (20" ATs) in July 2020 and don't even have a guide yet. When was your guide assigned?

Btw, I also stopped by the SC and echo your comments. They were awesome! I talked to John who showed me around and let me check out a bunch of the vehicles up close.

2Labs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 85D
I'm in North Texas, and guide is also Kylie, and agree...she's fantastic. I've had great communication so far.

OP
OP
DynoSaur

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
Oh wow! I'm also in Austin and ordered nearly the exact same spec (20" ATs) in July 2020 and don't even have a guide yet. When was your guide assigned?

Btw, I also stopped by the SC and echo your comments. They were awesome! I talked to John who showed me around and let me check out a bunch of the vehicles up close.
July 2020 - placed reservation and started waiting for "s00n" to happen !

Sept 12th - Config Confirmation Email
Sept 12th - Guide Assigned Kylie
Sept 12th - Visited the Austin SC to scope colors before confirming
Sept 13th - Asked guide about changing wheel choice and delivery impact ( kept choice )
Sept 13th - Confirmed my config
Sept 14th - 8 Steps Email ( as soon as I hopped in to start, there was already a VIN assigned )
Sept 17th - Wall Charger arrived at my house
Sept 21st - Austin SC reached out to let me know R1S arrived in Austin, in queue for QCI and I needed to finish my 8 steps :)

Since then I've been working through financing / selling my Bronco / lining everything up. Final payment goes in tomorrow and then just waiting for quality control to complete - Delivery hopefully within the next week or so if they don't find any major issues.

Really would have liked the 20, Dark ATs after seeing them in person. They look fantastic with the LG btw. But between the range hit and being able to get the R1S now, chose to keep the 22s I had spec'd.

Guide did confirm that the R1S was already batched and set - so any change would send it to another customer and I'd go back into the queue.

So considering myself lucky to have hit the right selection on the roulette wheel of options to get in line.

acoleslaw

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Occupation
Business Owner
Oh man that's awesome. When did you order in July? I ordered July 7th, 2020 and had your exact config (w/o underbody) until about a week ago or so when I changed wheels. I wonder if I messed up my delivery order. Contacted support and of course they can't provide any information.

Agreed on the black 20" ATs... those look amazing.

Congrats on the delivery! I think I may have seen your vehicle there last Friday. They all look incredible.

OP
OP
DynoSaur

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
So, I had originally had the 20" Dark ATs configured - but during the debate period on whether you had to stay below 80K to qualify for the tax credit, I reconfigured for the 22 Brights, which dropped me just under.

I never went back to change configuration, mainly since I felt it more prudent to take the free upgrade vs. paying for the entire Dark version of the wheels.

Guess it worked out in my favor.

Totally conjecture - but I feel like Rivian is batching out mixes or color/wheels to keep what's out in the wild more dynamic vs just cranking out a bunch of LGs or Whites with the same wheels. Personally, I think that's smart from a PR/public perception of the vehicle itself - even though it's contrary to the PR/perception of honoring pre-orders from a pure date perspective.

So really, it's kind of a crap shoot as to which configuration lands you a spot or why some people get jumped.

I do feel lucky, and at the same time, bad to even be talking about delivery when people have been waiting longer and were super early adopters. My friend included ( even though she's waiting on OC ).

Sponsored

acoleslaw

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Occupation
Business Owner
Well enjoy it! I'm having the exact same internal debate about the dark ATs.

OP
OP
DynoSaur

DynoSaur

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Occupation
Network Engineer
Tell you what.

Get the darks.

if you end up not liking them, reach out to me, will trade ya :)

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Took my R1T into the Austin SC for the first time and the staff was great. Picked it back up and it was all washed/cleaned and like a second delivery.