Clubs

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah I hope Rivian does something similar, I would love to be able to natively listen to Apple Music either in the UI or over USB. I just don't want to be forced to use bluetooth.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It'd be interesting to see if they do this but I'd imagine the reasoning which drove the Carplay decision is similar in this case.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
I own model 3 as well as my 718 with carplay, and honestly, I don't really care all that much for carplay. When a UI is properly implemented with easy to use maps, navigation, call/text support, and music support, like the model 3, that works just as well for me. My primary use for Carplay is Waze just for cop detection, but I drive slow when driving EVs for range anyway haha.

But I would really like to see Apple Music support

Sponsored

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
+1 on apple music integration. I down loaded the Alexa app and linked apple music into music & podcasts hoping i could use alexa while driving to launch apple music and sadly it didnt work.

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This field needs to be bigger, I’m at 10 cars…
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

I did a comparison today— same song on Apple Music (over Bluetooth) and Spotify (on truck), both set to highest quality. Spotify sounds like there’s a pillow in front of the speaker. It’s fine for convenience and background music, but when I’m driving by myself, it’s nearly unlistenable and I’m absolutely doing Apple Music from my phone.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I did a comparison today— same song on Apple Music (over Bluetooth) and Spotify (on truck), both set to highest quality. Spotify sounds like there’s a pillow in front of the speaker. It’s fine for convenience and background music, but when I’m driving by myself, it’s nearly unlistenable and I’m absolutely doing Apple Music from my phone.
I think Spotify quality is lacking as well, but use Amazon Music through Alexa.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
I’ve experienced the same. I don’t want to pay for Spotify premium to not hear commercials. Apple Music via BT sounds better than expected. I do wish they’d make a native app though.

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
I really need Apple Music in some form, but I already use Bluetooth in my Jeep and MINI so I can deal with that if I have to. However, if other manufacturers can add it as an app then why can’t Rivian? This was really the main reason I wanted CarPlay so I really wouldn’t care about not having it if there was a way to access Apple Music without Bluetooth.

Sponsored

FrankieJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and Mercedes GLE 53 AMG
I really need Apple Music in some form, but I already use Bluetooth in my Jeep and MINI so I can deal with that if I have to. However, if other manufacturers can add it as an app then why can’t Rivian? This was really the main reason I wanted CarPlay so I really wouldn’t care about not having it if there was a way to access Apple Music without Bluetooth.
Have any of you used Amazon Music? I find the quality of the music on par or maybe slightly better than Apple Music. You can set up playlists and with Alexa built in you can access your music using voice commands. I miss not having Google Map integration (CarPlay) but Amazon Music gives me everything I need.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Have any of you used Amazon Music? I find the quality of the music on par or maybe slightly better than Apple Music. You can set up playlists and with Alexa built in you can access your music using voice commands. I miss not having Google Map integration (CarPlay) but Amazon Music gives me everything I need.
Apple Music has one killer feature (beyond quality) that none of the other services have — iTunes Match. This is why I and others will never use Spotify, Tidal, Amazon Music, etc.

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
For me it's not the music quality. I have a family that uses Apple devices and we enjoy AppleTV+, Fitness+, use the storage, etc. I have Apple's bundled family plan so I use it purely because I am already paying for it so I don't have to pay for another service. And although my entire smarthome system relies on Echo devices I am not even a prime member.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
+1 on apple music integration. I down loaded the Alexa app and linked apple music into music & podcasts hoping i could use alexa while driving to launch apple music and sadly it didnt work.
why doesn't this work?

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
why doesn't this work?
Not sure. Not an Alexa guy. In the Alexa app I defaulted Apple Music as primary. When I tell Alexa to play apple music in the Rivian it says it’s not supported.
Sponsored