First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
Have there been any pictures of an ATV in the bed of of the R1T? I checked the measurements for my Polaris Sportsman and itll be a close fit. I just wasnt sure if one has been spotted in the wild.

(yes an electric truck transporting a gas toy)
Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

The way the tailgate drops and extends the bed should make it be able to fit a snowmobile. well maybe not a long track or something.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
You might as well figure on getting a trailer. That bed won't carry ramps long enough for a safe loading.

OP
OP
giraffesR1T

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
You might as well figure on getting a trailer. That bed won't carry ramps long enough for a safe loading.
I have tri-fold ramps. i was kind of hoping they could squeeze into the gear tunnel! I know that is being really optimistic, but I am hopeful.

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

folding ramps + kneel mode? my 4 door Tacoma I used to use a folding ramp and it fit in its 4' bed and was able to get things into this will be way better.

OP
OP
giraffesR1T

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
folding ramps + kneel mode? my 4 door Tacoma I used to use a folding ramp and it fit in its 4' bed and was able to get things into this will be way better.
oh good point. kneel mode will be great for loading something like an ATV...once again, if it fits. Need one of those Test Mules on the road to try this out.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Ramps? Just herniate your way into loading it!

Sponsored

roth_nj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
mechanical engineer
" The tailgate weight limit for both the R1T and R1S is 1000lbs "

i asked this in the CS chat. it looks like there is plenty of room in the bed but the tailgate would be my worry. i actually bent the inner tailgate brackets on the multipro tailgate on a sierra loading my quad. the inner one has a 350 lb weight limit that i didnt realize.

PS: bi fold ramps, fold in half and slide under the quad. they dont go anywhere

OP
OP
giraffesR1T

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
" The tailgate weight limit for both the R1T and R1S is 1000lbs "

i asked this in the CS chat. it looks like there is plenty of room in the bed but the tailgate would be my worry. i actually bent the inner tailgate brackets on the multipro tailgate on a sierra loading my quad. the inner one has a 350 lb weight limit that i didnt realize.

PS: bi fold ramps, fold in half and slide under the quad. they dont go anywhere
Yea my ramps usually fit under my Polaris Sportsman just fine. It should be under the weight limit too. Im more worried about the width of the atv in the bed. Im more than likely going to have to buy a trailer. I also saw recently that Polaris is coming out with an EV UTV (Ranger). So I may be upgrading anyway.

roth_nj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
mechanical engineer
Yea my ramps usually fit under my Polaris Sportsman just fine. It should be under the weight limit too. Im more worried about the width of the atv in the bed. Im more than likely going to have to buy a trailer. I also saw recently that Polaris is coming out with an EV UTV (Ranger). So I may be upgrading anyway.
I have a sportsman 850 that fits in the bed of my gladiator… in one of the videos on the r1t, someone meantioned it can fit 4 ft between the wheel wells for like a sheet of plywood so I’m pretty confident it will fit too. My worry was more the weight on the tailgate. The way they are swinging the tailgate down actually gives it a lot of length when it’s down. The impression I got from the chat was it was expected people would use it for loading and carrying things like atv’s

OP
OP
giraffesR1T

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
I have a sportsman 850 that fits in the bed of my gladiator… in one of the videos on the r1t, someone meantioned it can fit 4 ft between the wheel wells for like a sheet of plywood so I’m pretty confident it will fit too. My worry was more the weight on the tailgate. The way they are swinging the tailgate down actually gives it a lot of length when it’s down. The impression I got from the chat was it was expected people would use it for loading and carrying things like atv’s
Yea i know with the fenders on the my 570 it was tight in an F150 and a Ram 1500. So hearing it was 4ft, which is the width of a Sportsman, was alarming. I think I am ok with a trailer anyway. Much easier for loading and unloading. Thats always sketch if you dont have a hill. haha

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
It should be doable, because the wheel wells basically don't interfere to an ATV loading like they do on some other small trucks. Then you just need a good anchor point, and go. Standard ATV is 50" or less.

I used to love ATVs, but it seems everyone wants UTVs these days. That's a trailer.
Sponsored