First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rs1 adventure
Occupation
P.A.-c
4knines has a liner that works great, there is even a small folding flap for when the tail gate is down.
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I just updated my Canvasback Cargo Cover order to add a 20" bumper flap. They answered the phone after just 1 ring. The woman on the phone was friendly and got it added to my order quite quickly. I will report back on how the length works when it gets here.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rant about UPS, ignore since this is not a useful contribution to this thread:

My Canvasback Cargo Cover and bumper flap were theoretically delivered by UPS on Tuesday, but they weren't really. I was sitting in my home office <20' from the front door when the tracking shows it delivered to the front door/porch. It was not delivered at all. Sometimes that happens, and I get that the driver is in a hurry and maybe accidentally scanned the wrong box and the box shows up later that evening. It didn't. Mid-morning Wednesday I went on and filed a claim with UPS. They don't seem to believe me that it wasn't delivered. They've got a signed statement from my wife that it hasn't shown up still. It looks like I get to wait another couple of weeks before UPS decides it's actually lost and will contact Canvasback, who I'm sure will then put a new order in their queue and be out the expense themselves, despite it obviously being UPS who lost the box. Maybe I'll be lucky and actually have the cargo liner by the end of July at this point?

There's a reason I like Amazon's photo of the package as it is delivered! UPS's "Proof of Delivery" is just text saying where they delivered it. That's not proof! Oh, and my tracking information actually says that the investigation into the loss was closed because they couldn't reach me. That's fun. They called while I was in a work meeting. They flagged it as closed investigation immediately. Apparently they close it if you don't answer the phone call from the random number with no caller ID name. The voicemail they left was completely unintelligible, and I had to make 3 different phone calls to finally get routed to someone in their investigations division who could reopen the investigation.

Sorry, rant over.

Update: UPS updated the claim saying the search was complete with no result. I emailed Canvasback to see if I needed to do anything to initiate a replacement order. I got a response back very quickly that they wanted to get a little more information from UPS but that if that information wasn't helpful, they would ship a replacement next Wednesday. They apologized about it taking until Wednesday because of the holidays. They got more information that did help me find the package at a neighbor's house. Why UPS didn't check there, based on this information?! Ugg..

Anyway, Canvasback gets huge thumbs up for their responsive customer service! UPS, not so much. I'll get the cargo cover and bumper flap installed this weekend and let everyone know my thoughts, particularly about the 20" bumper flap length since everything else has probably been covered by others better than I can.

Last edited:

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Installed the Cargo Cover this morning. Very well made, perfect fit, etc. as everyone else has already said. Canvasback clearly makes really high quality stuff. IMO, it’s worth the cost for something so nicely made that’s custom fit to the vehicle.

I also agree with other people’s comments that this design will inherently limit your ability to have 1 seat up and the other down in the same row. That made install a little trickier. I was still able to do it by myself, but having 2 people will make it easier to install and to raise and lower a row. The scenarios I can imagine needing a row split are exceedingly rare for us, so it’s fine for me. We’ll pretty much always have the entire 3rd row down and entire 2nd row up.

One slight disappointment that’s my fault: because I ordered the cargo cover and bumper flap separately—although ultimately they were kind of merged into a single order—they did not stitch in a strip of loop fabric for the bumper flap. I should have been more clear that I wanted that when I added the bumper flap. It will be easy enough for me to fix that once I decide if I will prefer to add the tailgate pieces anyway.

Here’s how the 20” bumper flap looks if positioned where the hook and loop would line up, including a couple photos showing how it can tuck under the tailgate flap:

Rivian R1T R1S Attention all R1S Dog Owners IMG_4587

Rivian R1T R1S Attention all R1S Dog Owners IMG_4588

Rivian R1T R1S Attention all R1S Dog Owners IMG_4589

Last edited:

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Hey all, here is my rear cargo cover solution for the R1S. I wanted something with good protection that covered more areas than just the carpet (like the canvas back option) I also wanted it easily removable for cleaning and flexibility for moving seats around. Here’s what I came up with.
  1. Got this cargo cover only $30 bucks
  2. Got these suction cup hooks to hold the straps to protect 3rd row arm rest area, $15 bucks
  3. I installed the hooks on the rear glass above the 3rd row arm rests
  4. Clipped the straps on the 2rd row headrests
  5. Secured the straps to the suction cup hooks
  6. Used the straps at the rear of the cover to secure to the rear cargo tie downs
  7. It is about 3” short, but I just put a beach towel in that area that I can pull out when the tailgate is down, or to wipe off

How is this working out for you?

Sponsored

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

How is this working out for you?
Pretty good so far, it’s worked for our 2 dogs. We also hauled some bags of ice home and it melted a bit and it held the water and didn’t leak through. The frunk would have been perfect for this, but it had other stuff in it.

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I installed the Canvasback cargo cover, two piece tailgate cover set and frunk mat yesterday. This is the version of their cargo cover with the optional flaps that cover the track for the cargo tie-downs. Very nicely made in the U.S.A. and ships with a small bag of dog treats!

Rivian R1T R1S Attention all R1S Dog Owners IMG_2584
Rivian R1T R1S Attention all R1S Dog Owners IMG_2585

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For those interested in this Cargo Cover but who still want protection for the 2nd row while being able to have one seat up and the other down, you can order the 2nd row pieces separate from the full Cargo Liner set for $100. You have to order by phone though.

For those, like me, who will pretty much never have the 3rd row up, this seems like a good compromise option: Cargo Liner pieces covering the backs of the 2nd row while maintaining flexibility of seat configuration and the Cargo Cover seamlessly protecting the back of the 3rd row and cargo area (and providing an extra layer of seamless protection if desired while the 2nd row is completely down for larger loads).

WaitingonmyR1T

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1/2019 Preorder on MP R1T, Model S Plaid, Tacoma
Clubs

I installed the CanvasBack cargo liner, with cargo side pieces and bumper flap (tucked in). I’m very happy with the fit. My pup actually rides in the second row on an Orvis hammock with a Yeti dog bed on top. The dog bed is great to have when we go places.

Rivian R1T R1S Attention all R1S Dog Owners IMG_6059

Rivian R1T R1S Attention all R1S Dog Owners IMG_6065

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

@WaitingonmyR1T How is the CanvasBack cargo liner attached to the vehicle's surfaces? Do you need to use any adhesives on the vehicle? We had a really nice cover for a previous vehicle, but I had to glue velcro tabs to hold the cover and that adhesive made a mess after a year or so.

Sponsored

WaitingonmyR1T

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1/2019 Preorder on MP R1T, Model S Plaid, Tacoma
Clubs

@WaitingonmyR1T How is the CanvasBack cargo liner attached to the vehicle's surfaces? Do you need to use any adhesives on the vehicle? We had a really nice cover for a previous vehicle, but I had to glue velcro tabs to hold the cover and that adhesive made a mess after a year or so.
It's stuck on with stick on velcro strips.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It uses loop tape on the vehicle surface. The liner itself has hook tape stitched into the outer border to attach to the loop tape you put on the vehicle.

Jblaze121

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1S 20" A/T
Clubs

Random comment: I’ve had these on my R1S for a little over a year. Still hold up great. They wipe clean easily, haven’t noticed any fading.
80lb dog launches himself into the rear area daily. No tears or scratches. The original version I think was only individual pieces so maximum flexibility on which seats are up or down. It was just a little time consuming on install.

Highly recommend for muddy dogs or ski gear, etc.

Btw- If you don’t roll down your rear windows, I’d suggest always making sure you turn on the 3rd row fans for your dog.

Chadasm

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
As a tip, you can use a clothing steamer to get the folds out before install. Canvasback confirmed this would be fine. It really speeds up the smoothing process. I was able to get my wrinkles smoothed out after letting the loop tape sit for a few days.

I keep the liners on all the time and have the cargo cover in storage above the spare for when I want more coverage. I also have the headrest cover for protection from the kids’ carseats. I’m very happy with the whole setup.

Rivian R1T R1S Attention all R1S Dog Owners IMG_1899
Sponsored