Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Starts at 108K and change, correct? No need to whine about making too much money to qualify for an EV credit when the vehicle itself prices itself outside of qualifying for said credit by a considerable margin.
Exactly. People making under the income limits can afford cars that are over the MSRP limits.
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
So. Just noticed this, but it has a towing capacity of 7500 lbs, and a payload of 1,300 lbs? what exactly do you get for the size other than being obnoxious and having trouble fitting places?

https://t.co/S8GUeukYYN
Seating space? Cargo space?

Sometimes inches and cubic feet are more important than pounds.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots moreā€¦
Occupation
Software Developer
Seating space? Cargo space?

Sometimes inches and cubic feet are more important than pounds.
F-150 Lighting has more cargo space and R1T does as well after adding in the gear tunnel. Interior of the Hummer is comparable in size to the Lightning, but I donā€™t have exact dimensions available to compare. I think Lightning still has the most 2nd row leg room, Hummer has the advantage of a couple inches on width. Rear seat on R1T is cramped, but itā€™s a smaller overall vehicle and looks to have superior interior space vs the comparably sized Tacoma.

Iā€™m tapping out on my Hummer EV reservation. I have an Edition 1 that Iā€™d consider transferring if we can find a way to make that work. The low payload and tow capacities, 329 mile rated range and >9000lb curb weight are all negatives for me. Not to mention thereā€™s no power outlets other than the two shared 15A in the cab and I have to sacrifice bed space, use a trailer or get creative to bring a spare with me. Those are all things I didnā€™t sign up for when plunking down my reservation for a >$112K truck. I donā€™t think I have enough BDE to offset the sheer amount of small pp compensation emanating from this oversized poser truck.

Max pack R1T for the win hereā€¦. And Iā€™m buying a couple Lightnings as company trucks so Iā€™m covered.

No word yet on my Lightnings or max pack R1T, but Iā€™m expecting late ā€˜22 to mid ā€˜23 for both. My E1 Hummer reservation got me an email yesterday saying I can expect it fall ā€™22.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Stopped by my dealer, sounds like they just have to click a button in their system to verify the order if I don't get options on it.

Dealer said they are pretty early on the allocation list. Should expect my truck mid December to early January. Looks like GM is going to beat Rivian to my driveway.
Awesome. That will be exciting to drive. And if you don't like it, you can easily sell it and probably even make a little money.

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
From the Motortrend R1T truck of the year award piece: "No matter how you compare it, the R1T's value stands up. Put it against the only other electric truck out there, the GMC Hummer EV pickup, and the Rivian hauls more, tows more, has a nicer interior, has more storage space, drives better, rides and handles better, is only slightly slower in a straight line, and costs tens of thousands of dollars less."

The slightly slower in a straight line portion may not prove to be true once R1Ts with 22 inch wheels and tires are tested, but otherwise this seems like a pretty good summation of how the Hummer stacks up against the R1T.

For those into displays on unfettered excess, I guess I can see the Hummer's appeal. Otherwise, the Hummer seems like a pretty poor choice from just about any perspective.
It doesn't fit my lifestyle, but I wouldn't criticize anyone who buys one. It has some pretty cool features. The frunk opens up better and the interior has actual physical buttons for lots of things.

There are lots of people who will buy R1Ts and never go Offroad, tow or fill the bed with hay. But if they like the car and makes them happy, who cares?

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It doesn't fit my lifestyle, but I wouldn't criticize anyone who buys one. It has some pretty cool features. The frunk opens up better and the interior has actual physical buttons for lots of things.

There are lots of people who will buy R1Ts and never go Offroad, tow or fill the bed with hay. But if they like the car and makes them happy, who cares?
Hummer's frunk might actually fit the dometic cooler I bought after Rivian first released their misleading frunk dimensions.

Odds are I'm going to like the truck, but likely won't keep it because it just doesn't "work" for me. If it were $40k less I might have a different attitude about it.

RideAlong

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Porsche Panamera S + 19 Ford F-150
Occupation
Dentist
Stopped by my dealer, sounds like they just have to click a button in their system to verify the order if I don't get options on it.

Dealer said they are pretty early on the allocation list. Should expect my truck mid December to early January. Looks like GM is going to beat Rivian to my driveway.
"..the dealer said"... ? ..the chance of the sales critter that told you that still working there by the time these vehicles arrive in the showroom is about < 5 % ... you are probably correct about the timing though āœ…

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Hummer's frunk might actually fit the dometic cooler I bought after Rivian first released their misleading frunk dimensions.

Odds are I'm going to like the truck, but likely won't keep it because it just doesn't "work" for me. If it were $40k less I might have a different attitude about it.
Just buy and play with it for a while, then flip it. Iā€™m betting you make money on the overall deal.

I seriously considered the Hummer but itā€™s just so damn big. I havenā€™t measured, but Iā€™m pretty sure it wonā€™t fit in my garage.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Just buy and play with it for a while, then flip it. Iā€™m betting you make money on the overall deal.

I seriously considered the Hummer but itā€™s just so damn big. I havenā€™t measured, but Iā€™m pretty sure it wonā€™t fit in my garage.
It's basically the same length as the R1T, but it's definitely taller and wider. If it does actually come before the R1T, I plan on buying and driving it for a little bit, reselling it after a short while, but if the R1T comes first, I'm not sure if I'll be able to justify doing that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Got this quite oddly worded email today. Dealer still doesn't have a VIN for me but the EV Concierge still insisted I would be getting my Hummer Winter 2022. Not sure how my truck could be built if they didn't know the VIN.

Rivian R1T R1S My Hummer EV Edition 1 journey Screenshot_20220131-120119~3

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Got this quite oddly worded email today. Dealer still doesn't have a VIN for me but the EV Concierge still insisted I would be getting my Hummer Winter 2022. Not sure how my truck could be built if they didn't know the VIN.

Screenshot_20220131-120119~3.png
It sounds like they are just updating you that they are actually starting to ship trucks which.....congrats?

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I would think "Winter of 22" is November/December of 2022
Winter doesn't start until late December. Winter 2022 is now, ends March 20th.

The original timeline said the charger would be first, and to expect the truck 1-2 months after that. They sent the charger to me in December, and that period of time is up in three weeks.

I'll still believe when I see it, but I haven't lost hope yet.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Winter doesn't start until late December. Winter 2022 is now, ends March 20th.

The original timeline said the charger would be first, and to expect the truck 1-2 months after that. They sent the charger to me in December, and that period of time is up in three weeks.

I'll still believe when I see it, but I haven't lost hope yet.
Seasons of 2022Astronomical StartMeteorological Start
SPRINGSunday, March 20, 11:33 A.M. EDTTuesday, March 1
SUMMERTuesday, June 21, 5:14 A.M. EDTWednesday, June 1
FALLThursday, September 22, 9:04 P.M. EDTThursday, September 1
WINTERWednesday, December 21, 4:48 P.M. ESTThursday, December 1
Sponsored