Brian
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Bolt EV, Volt
Occupation
Engineering
Starts at 108K and change, correct? No need to whine about making too much money to qualify for an EV credit when the vehicle itself prices itself outside of qualifying for said credit by a considerable margin.
Exactly. People making under the income limits can afford cars that are over the MSRP limits.

sub

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Chevy Suburban
So. Just noticed this, but it has a towing capacity of 7500 lbs, and a payload of 1,300 lbs? what exactly do you get for the size other than being obnoxious and having trouble fitting places?

https://t.co/S8GUeukYYN
Seating space? Cargo space?

Sometimes inches and cubic feet are more important than pounds.

Monkey

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Seating space? Cargo space?

Sometimes inches and cubic feet are more important than pounds.
F-150 Lighting has more cargo space and R1T does as well after adding in the gear tunnel. Interior of the Hummer is comparable in size to the Lightning, but I don’t have exact dimensions available to compare. I think Lightning still has the most 2nd row leg room, Hummer has the advantage of a couple inches on width. Rear seat on R1T is cramped, but it’s a smaller overall vehicle and looks to have superior interior space vs the comparably sized Tacoma.

I’m tapping out on my Hummer EV reservation. I have an Edition 1 that I’d consider transferring if we can find a way to make that work. The low payload and tow capacities, 329 mile rated range and >9000lb curb weight are all negatives for me. Not to mention there’s no power outlets other than the two shared 15A in the cab and I have to sacrifice bed space, use a trailer or get creative to bring a spare with me. Those are all things I didn’t sign up for when plunking down my reservation for a >$112K truck. I don’t think I have enough BDE to offset the sheer amount of small pp compensation emanating from this oversized poser truck.

Max pack R1T for the win here…. And I’m buying a couple Lightnings as company trucks so I’m covered.

No word yet on my Lightnings or max pack R1T, but I’m expecting late ‘22 to mid ‘23 for both. My E1 Hummer reservation got me an email yesterday saying I can expect it fall ’22.

Advertisement

Advertisement