Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Still crickets from a Rivian guide about my R1T LE order. Just got an e-mail from GMC today asking me to stop in at my dealer to "verify my reservation". Not really sure what that means but it reads like they want me to lock in my accessory configuration. Next step listed is "Ship".

Rivian R1T R1S My Hummer EV Edition 1 journey 1637692763548

At least I won't have to listen to other people whining and moaning that they won't be able to get a tax credit for their Hummer because they make too much money.
Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Still crickets on my Hummer EV reservation. And I’m OK with that because I can’t decide what to do. I’m 90% sure I’m going to pass on it and let someone else have it. But who knows, Edition 1 might hold its value quite well, maybe I give it a shot. I just know it’s not the truck I want even though I think they’re pretty cool.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Still crickets on my Hummer EV reservation. And I’m OK with that because I can’t decide what to do. I’m 90% sure I’m going to pass on it and let someone else have it. But who knows, Edition 1 might hold its value quite well, maybe I give it a shot. I just know it’s not the truck I want even though I think they’re pretty cool.
I'm debating getting it and just trading it in when my R1T build slot comes up.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Still crickets from a Rivian guide about my R1T LE order. Just got an e-mail from GMC today asking me to stop in at my dealer to "verify my reservation". Not really sure what that means but it reads like they want me to lock in my accessory configuration. Next step listed is "Ship".

1637692763548.png

At least I won't have to listen to other people whining and moaning that they won't be able to get a tax credit for their Hummer because they make too much money.
That's when your dealer will inform you of the mandatory dealer ADM of $15K. Don't want it? ... they already have someone else lined up who will take it unfortunately.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Looking like third party customers of any reasonable number will receive both the Hummer EV and the Lightning before the R1T.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

That's when your dealer will inform you of the mandatory dealer ADM of $15K. Don't want it? ... they already have someone else lined up who will take it unfortunately.
Dealer actually said they aren't putting an ADM on it. They also said if I don't complete the reservation, the allocation goes back in the pool and they are likely to not get it.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Dealer actually said they aren't putting an ADM on it. They also said if I don't complete the reservation, the allocation goes back in the pool and they are likely to not get it.
Hopefully that is the case and they are not stringing you along. This should be how all special orders are implemented. Once price is agreed upon, the ordering dealer cannot pull a switcheroo and try to bilk you and hope you cave in desperation. If the dealer had the threat the the vehicle would go back to the general pool then they would be incentivized to sell it. Good luck with the next step of verifying the vehicle.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
GM had previously said that dealers had to agree to no ADM on the Hummer EV in order to be eligible to sell it. We'll see if that pans out.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

GM had previously said that dealers had to agree to no ADM on the Hummer EV in order to be eligible to sell it. We'll see if that pans out.
GM can't legally stop them from doing it, but they can stop giving them allocations in the future.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
So. Just noticed this, but it has a towing capacity of 7500 lbs, and a payload of 1,300 lbs? what exactly do you get for the size other than being obnoxious and having trouble fitting places?

https://t.co/S8GUeukYYN

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

So. Just noticed this, but it has a towing capacity of 7500 lbs, and a payload of 1,300 lbs? what exactly do you get for the size other than being obnoxious and having trouble fitting places?

Bad efficiency?

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Fleet guide still lists it as 10,000 lbs, though the page is not one available unless you fritz the url. 7500 lbs seems low but I also don't recall hearing anything about trailer testing for the hummer like we have with the Rivian. Maybe the 7500 number is without weight distribution? Would make sense to me since the Hummer weighs over 9000 lbs by itself.

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/N...eID=22281&section=trailer_specs&page=&butID=8

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Stopped by my dealer, sounds like they just have to click a button in their system to verify the order if I don't get options on it.

Dealer said they are pretty early on the allocation list. Should expect my truck mid December to early January. Looks like GM is going to beat Rivian to my driveway.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.
Sponsored

Last edited: