MrZardos

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Sorry if duplicate question...

Is there an integrated garage door opener? I'm getting mixed answers. Don't need GPS ability... just want a button on screen that will open garage door like Tesla.

Thanks
I asked the same question and was told by Rivian support that this will be a software update, but they dont have an ETA yet.
Sponsored

HightiseATX

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
Anyone used your Rivian portable EVSE to charge your other EVs or Plug-in hybrids?

wsgrunner

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I don't know if there is a "standard" garage. Our 2-car garage exterior dimensions are 20'x20' with 2"x6" framing. If there were nothing in the garage, the truck would just fit, but you wouldn't have enough room to walk in front of it to get through the door into the house. After tool storage and bikes, we basically gave up on storing vehicles in the garage.
I'm in the same boat, so to speak, I measured my garage and there will be no more than 12" to spare, which means there's really no way for me to walk around the R1T when it's in the garage. I'm wondering if that is cutting it too close?

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Has anyone else figure out how to access the bed camera while driving.

I've looked everywhere and the only place I know you can see it is when watching gear guard videos.

I'm probably going to send it as a suggestion unless I'm missing it

Sponsored

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition
I'm in the same boat, so to speak, I measured my garage and there will be no more than 12" to spare, which means there's really no way for me to walk around the R1T when it's in the garage. I'm wondering if that is cutting it too close?
The solution that I found to this, as I have 3 inches of clearance on each side, is to go through the truck, entering from one passenger door and out the other. So no, 12" isn't cutting it too close. :)

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Has anyone else figure out how to access the bed camera while driving.

I've looked everywhere and the only place I know you can see it is when watching gear guard videos.

I'm probably going to send it as a suggestion unless I'm missing it
There is no way.

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

I figured since there are a few new owners in here, we may want a place where you can ask your questions about the R1T directly to owners. I'm sure @timesinks, @JDMD, and soon @bowhunter and I would be happy to answer what we can! Also, it may be easier to read this thread if we stick to questions about current features vice discussion or debate about future features.
just asked CS and they couldn’t give me the info needed…I want to buy a MTB tailgate cover, so I wanted to know the tailgate width.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Is there a way to toggle the battery status on the driver screen to show % of charge remaining instead of estimated mileage? I always preferred this view in my Tesla - for some reason it caused less range anxiety for me as it feels more precise than estimated mileage.

As of now I can't find an option to toggle it to % of charge, though.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
just asked CS and they couldn’t give me the info needed…I want to buy a MTB tailgate cover, so I wanted to know the tailgate width.
How hard would it be to park 1 R1T and 1 R1S in the call center and give each employee a camera phone and tape measure?

Sponsored

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

How hard would it be to park 1 R1T and 1 R1S in the call center and give each employee a camera phone and tape measure?
right!? also, seems like basic dimensions a truck buyer might care about…

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

With the tailgate closed, bed cover open, and measuring bedside to bedside it is 51 3/4" (theres a little bump out otherwise it would be 51 7/8"
Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! 1649768619678

The tailgate extends beyond each side of the bed so measuring from one side of the tailgate to the other the tailgate is just about 55"
Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! 1649768740300

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

Is there a way to toggle the battery status on the driver screen to show % of charge remaining instead of estimated mileage? I always preferred this view in my Tesla - for some reason it caused less range anxiety for me as it feels more precise than estimated mileage.
There currently isn't a way to change this. I also use percentage in my Tesla as that, in the Tesla at least, is a more accurate number to go off of. It does seem in the Rivian they're doing a good job of displaying accurate mileage numbers but like you I would prefer they allow me to choose if I want to display percentage or miles.

Wefty

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2008 Fit
I don't think anyone has the tent yet but I think this can be answered anyway. If you have the tent mounted (or anything else above the bed) can you access the spare tire and remove it? I'm sure it would be more difficult but is it even possible?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Anyone used your Rivian portable EVSE to charge your other EVs or Plug-in hybrids?
I attempted to use it hanging off the onboard inverter to charge another vehicle, but it won't do that. But neither will any of my other portable EVSEs. Would be interested to know if that's everyone's experience.

I didn't use it from the wall at all, but I'm sure if it will charge the Rivian, then it will charge other vehicles.
Sponsored