Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
mirror turn signals
I believe the question was in regard to what has previously been reported to be flood lights (the tylenol capsule shaped LED group on the inside edge of the signal lights).
Sponsored

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
I believe the question was in regard to what has previously been reported to be flood lights (the tylenol capsule shaped LED group on the inside edge of the signal lights).
my understanding where those were the leds that would flash and light up the rest of the reflective housing resulting in a full turn signal. But I could of course be wrong.

I was originally hoping they would be white LEDs similar to the FJ cruiser for extra front side light when needed.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
my understanding where those were the leds that would flash and light up the rest of the reflective housing resulting in a full turn signal. But I could of course be wrong.

I was originally hoping they would be white LEDs similar to the FJ cruiser for extra front side light when needed.
See this post.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

@timesinks non rivian question, but what camera was your husband using?

Sponsored

GIJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Tesla 3
For what it’s worth when at the first mile event I did ask them what that was and they stated it was a “sensor”. I even suggested it as a brighter forward facing LED. They told me no. They may have just been giving me a red herring.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I womder if one of you might grab this measurement for me…
Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! 0CCDE3B9-5140-478D-BD1C-6EAE7DC69B32

Reactions: sub

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
I wanted to know the Load Height at lowest suspension setting. The height of the tailgate when opened. Thank you!!

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Are there any settings in the Spotify UI to pick the streaming quality? Wondering what the best way is to get higher quality audio to really push the sound system. USB drive maybe?

Sponsored

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Did Rivian say anything about the membership program? Specifically delaying the free first year until the benefits are up and running?
No.

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How about that in door flashlight? Great tool or cool party trick?
Used it multiple times already. Super bright and useful.

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are there any settings in the Spotify UI to pick the streaming quality? Wondering what the best way is to get higher quality audio to really push the sound system. USB drive maybe?
Yes, you can adjust audio quality.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
@godfodder0901 @timesinks @JDMD Thanks for offering this public service :like:

I would imagine you guys would cover a lot of the bigger questions (charging, range, efficiency, interior NVH) soon enough, so I will let you guys cover them at your pace.

I do have some questions though,

1. Offline Navigation
How does offline navigation work?
Does it only disable real time information like traffic and maintain the real time navigation when connectivity cuts out?
How does it handle while navigating and connectivity cuts out?
Do you have the option to download maps/navigation data before starting a trip while connectivity is available?

2. Offline Infotainment/Entertainment
How does media streaming applications handle loss of connectivity?
When data connectivity gets disconnected does apps like Spotify lose their stream? Or does it cache the stream of a certain playlist/album and keep playing?
Does the Spotify app in the Rivian allow you to download songs/playlists if you have a Premium Subscription?

3. Bluetooth Quality/Codec/Version
Does the Rivian HW/SW application version state which bluetooth version Rivian has as well as what kind of Audio Codec/Compression it supports while Audio streaming?

If it doesn't and you have a modern Android Phone you can find it out via the Android Developer options. If you are unfamiliar and have an Android Phone,

Enable Developer Options in Android --> Connect to Rivian BT --> Go to Settings --> Developer Options --> Scroll all the way to 'Bluetooth Audio Codec' and that option will activate all the codecs that is supported in that BT connection. You should also see the HD Audio option enabled.
We drove through areas with spotty reception and never noticed any problems. Our audio was mostly coming from my phone though (not Spotify users). We will eventually do some specific tests for offline capabilities and report back.

Looks like someone else might have reported on the Bluetooth question. We don't have any Android devices.

How about that in door flashlight? Great tool or cool party trick?
I haven't needed a flashlight yet, but some day I know I will.

@timesinks non rivian question, but what camera was your husband using?
Camera body is a Nikon D750. But I can hear him in my head right now, "it's all about the glass", so let me ask about the lenses:

Most of the shots were with a Sigma art series 35mm/f1.4. The details shots were probably the Nikkor 60mm f/2.8.
I wanted to know the Load Height at lowest suspension setting. The height of the tailgate when opened. Thank you!!
About 33", though my driveway is sloped, so assume +/- an inch.
Sponsored