First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
I’ve valeted our MY before. I think it depends on 2 things. One how much you trust the valet and second how much you trust the venue.
Note with modern cars that allow you to track them from an app, valets are smart enough to know they will get caught and at any reputable employer they will be fired if they go joy riding.
If you think the venue can afford to replace the vehicle and will do so to keep their reputation, you have little to risk. They will vet their valets. And cover you if something goes wrong.
It would be at a hotel where I have used their valet service many times with my ext and no problems. I just wonder if I have to tell them how to use it?
Sponsored

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

It would be at a hotel where I have used their valet service many times with my ext and no problems. I just wonder if I have to tell them how to use it?
Most valets have been parking teslas for years. They are close enough that you shouldn’t have a problem. Make sure they have a rivian compatible charger if you expect to charge there or yoi they have an adapter.

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
My reservation is for an R1S. I checked the R1S manual, but the manual doesn't show where the microphone is. Assuming the microphone is near the driver, the location is presumably common between the R1S and R1T. Any R1T owners know the location of the vehicle microphone? Thanks in advance.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

My reservation is for an R1S. I checked the R1S manual, but the manual doesn't show where the microphone is. Assuming the microphone is near the driver, the location is presumably common between the R1S and R1T. Any R1T owners know the location of the vehicle microphone? Thanks in advance.
Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! PXL_20220717_000428452

Presumably somewhere up here

Sponsored

pklomboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Need opinions here. Will be taking my R1T on its first long drive to Las Vegas. Trying to decide if I should valet or not. There is a charger but in valet garage. Anyone with valet experience? Thanks
I'm in Las Vegas, don't do it! There has been thefts in the news lately for the valets. =(

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
In one thread someone said their truck was unplugged while they were away, does the cable not get locked in the port when the vehicle like it does on a Tesla?

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
Question: That airfoil on the trailing edge of the R1t cabin, is it a fixed part of the truck body (ie. permanent) or could it be removed?

To add a canopy to the truck, it might be possible to fit it in without hitting the airfoil. But, if not, then either the airfoil would have to come out or an adjustment would have to be made in the canopy shape.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Question: That airfoil on the trailing edge of the R1t cabin, is it a fixed part of the truck body (ie. permanent) or could it be removed?

To add a canopy to the truck, it might be possible to fit it in without hitting the airfoil. But, if not, then either the airfoil would have to come out or an adjustment would have to be made in the canopy shape.
Nothing is permanent.

that piece provides considerable aerodynamic benefit, also contains the CHMSL though. Where would that move to?

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Nothing is permanent.

that piece provides considerable aerodynamic benefit, also contains the CHMSL though. Where would that move to?
My existing truck has a canopy with a brake light above the canopy door. It is wired down to the left hand turn signal. Perhaps a similar option could be worked out with the R1t.

Something else I am going to check on now is the camera placements. Can't remember if Rivian has a backward facing camera in that airfoil.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My existing truck has a canopy with a brake light above the canopy door. It is wired down to the left hand turn signal. Perhaps a similar option could be worked out with the R1t.

Something else I am going to check on now is the camera placements. Can't remember if Rivian has a backward facing camera in that airfoil.
There’s a camera there, yes. For monitoring the bed. The “shark fin“ containing all the antennas is also attached there

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
There’s a camera there, yes. For monitoring the bed. The “shark fin“ containing all the antennas is also attached there
That's the conclusion I came to after looking at a few videos. So, then the question moves to the effects on Gear Guard of putting in a canopy and blocking that bed camera.

Nothing is ever easy!

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's the conclusion I came to after looking at a few videos. So, then the question moves to the effects on Gear Guard of putting in a canopy and blocking that bed camera.

Nothing is ever easy!
Could just move the camera into the canopy.

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
In one thread someone said their truck was unplugged while they were away, does the cable not get locked in the port when the vehicle like it does on a Tesla?
It locks when the truck is locked, until the charge is complete.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
I have to ask.

I spec-ed Ocean Coast interior....(living in a hot climate I have never liked any cars I have owned with black interiors).

What is the real reason Ocean Coast interiors have been delayed what will amount to about a year? It can not be because of the wood trim. Switching to a different wood trim to go with the Ocean Coast would be totally acceptable to many waiting on OC.

Thank you guys for what you do!
Sponsored