Sponsored

Ask Rivian: RJ Scaringe | Instagram Q&A - Youtube video

Zeusy Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

When he mentioned other companies teaming up for their charging network as he was discussing RAN you could see the frustration and hesitation in his face. Him and the rest of Rivian know that’s terrible for them so hopefully they can figure something out.

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
Thanks for providing this link. Just watched the whole thing, lots of good information, including:
- there will be a bidirectional charger released later this year
- he's excited about coming improvements in the mapping software
- he's particularly excited about how the second row screen will have lots of additional features added later this summer, including mapping views
- great stuff on the overall goals of the company
- they plan to go into Europe with the R2 vehicle
- a big goal is continuing to add features to the truck through the software, including more range
- they are working to improve the charging pad
- lots of internal testing at the company on the batteries and Enduro motors

It's great how he always features some of the company employees.

I don't know how any thoughtful person can watch this and not believe this company is going to succeed, unless the economic headwinds just get terrible, like a severe recession. Otherwise, they've got too much momentum, a solid plan, and a terrific leader.

I have to say I've listened to several car company CEOs give talks of various types online, and while I respect the Ford and GM CEOs and their push for electrification, R.J. Scaringe certainly comes across as the most authentic and most knowledgeable about his company and with the most vision for where he's trying to take his company. It makes me feel really good to be a Rivian owner.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Did he say later this year? I watched that section twice but didn’t catch a timeframe.
No time frame, just said when they have their bi-directional charger ready.
Sponsored