Article - Tesla first to market (no mention of Rivian)

EVSport7

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
WOWOW. Did you read this?

Cybertruck buyers will be saying "I am innovative and can afford luxury, but I still care."

I needed a good laugh, thank you.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Author was obviously tasked with the assignment of taking a one sentence blurb that Tesla now has a reported 1 million cybertruck preorders and making it into an "article." Tesla may have one million preorders but I bet the dropout rate will be extremely high when push comes to shove. If Tesla were to make a few dozen, I could see the appeal to a certain group of people that like to stand out from the crowd. However the reality is that Cybertrucks will pretty quickly be seen on nearly every corner, at least if current Tesla sightings in my neck of the woods are any predictor. The Cybertruck is not a vehicle whose appeal will increase with familiarity. Once the novelty wears off, I think the typical response upon yet another sighting will be something along the lines of "Hey look, another clown in a cybertruck."

McRat

Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, KTM 500 EXC, KTM 300 XC, Kaw Versys 1000
Occupation
Tinkerer
You can't believe pre-order data. Tesla had ~450,000? pre-orders for the Model 3 launch. By the time they hit 100,000 sales, anyone could buy one from inventory.

EVSport7

Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
You can't believe pre-order data. Tesla had ~450,000? pre-orders for the Model 3 launch. By the time they hit 100,000 sales, anyone could buy one from inventory.
I remember watching the webcast of that thing. There were so many vids of kids preordering it on YouTube. My favorite one was where this guy got a travel credit card, reserved 50 Cybertrucks to get his free mileage, just so he could refund them and cancel his card later

Advertisement

Advertisement