Article: Tesla all but confirms Cybertruck production delay until 2022

boneil1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
It's pretty obvious from their last earnings call the issue is making the 4680 cell in mass quantities. They talked about how they now have the battery they want (these are million mile batteries) and can produce them in small quantities but still have an issue with the rollers when forming the dry electrode. The CT is based on the 4680 and structural pack. So until they get the design of the equipment, then equipment gets made, then installed, then test runs, the CT will be delayed.
Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
As a reservation holder of all 3 electric trucks, just a reminder to the Rivian fanboys, Rivian started the development of the R1T in 2015, finally/hopefully going to deliver in late 2021, but only the mid-pack, not my Max pack that I ordered in 2018. Tesla started on the CyberTruck in 2019. Rivian has been working to get the Normal factory refurbished since 2016, Tesla is building the Austin factory (2x as big) and is making fast progress, already producing Model Y castings. July was year 1 of the building process in Austin. We should all welcome competition in the eclectic space, so why all the hate in vitriol toward anyone that likes the CyberTruck?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
So funny the logic here...

August 31st. Rivian can still make the Sept 1 at delivery with zero epa data, test drives, etc..

August 8th, hahah CT has zero chance of delivering a truck in the next 4 months..
FWIW, Rivian said ”September” — not ”September 1”.

Tesla has a long history of never delivering on time. No reasonable person believes their delivery estimates for a new product.

Rivan was supposed to be the “un-Tesla”. We’ll see if that actually pans out. I don’t want to deride this thread into other topics, so let’s just say they have tested the grace extended by many and there is room for improvement in their comms; however, most of us are still hoping that Rivian will be better.

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Rivian has been working to get the Normal factory refurbished since 2016,
Not to split hairs, but Rivian bought the Mitsubishi plant in 2017 and starting renovations in 2018.

Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
@peashooter & @TessP100D , waiting for you to start ranting on tesla and elon ?
And wait until they see the price increase. No way the CyberTruck is launching at the original price targets. I also wouldn't be surprised the 500mi range tri-motor get down graded to a 400mi tri-motor. This is basically what happened with the Model S and the Plaid+ getting cancelled.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Chips and batteries
Exactly...and Rivian & Ford will most likely have a hard time acquiring sufficient supplies for the foreseeable future. Reminder, RJ said Rivian will be constrained into 2023 on the Bloomberg interview.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Not to split hairs, but Rivian bought the Mitsubishi plant in 2017 and starting renovations in 2018.
Correct. RJ and his team went to the Mitsubishi plant auction in mid-2016 to look at buying some of the old stamping presses. If I recall correctly, there was not a lot of interest in the property and they ended up buying the whole place for some $16M, a bargain. Some 5 years later we still don't have a fully operational plant, but they are getting close. Since Rivian is still private, we have no idea about their constraints with batteries, chips, and other supplies.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

If I were PeaShooter and I had been shadowbanned (Wikipedia Definition) by a bunch of people ignoring me, I wonder what username I’d choose for my next account?

Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
As a reservation holder of all 3 electric trucks, just a reminder to the Rivian fanboys, Rivian started the development of the R1T in 2015, finally/hopefully going to deliver in late 2021, but only the mid-pack, not my Max pack that I ordered in 2018. Tesla started on the CyberTruck in 2019. Rivian has been working to get the Normal factory refurbished since 2016, Tesla is building the Austin factory (2x as big) and is making fast progress, already producing Model Y castings. July was year 1 of the building process in Austin. We should all welcome competition in the eclectic space, so why all the hate in vitriol toward anyone that likes the CyberTruck?
Good question.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
And wait until they see the price increase. No way the CyberTruck is launching at the original price targets. I also wouldn't be surprised the 500mi range tri-motor get down graded to a 400mi tri-motor. This is basically what happened with the Model S and the Plaid+ getting cancelled.
I have to agree within here. Yes you are correct.

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
If I had a nickel for every 'I'll have my CT in the driveway long before your R1T'....
Sponsored