Sponsored

Article: Is Rivian Finished? The EV upstart’s stock is down 27% this year, following an 82% plunge in 2022.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
No.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This kind of speculation isn't worth my time. Best case Rivian will be a major success story or worst case they will fold and leave owners with a large hunk of scrap. And there are probably 50k different possibilities in between. I accepted the risks associated with a buying from a startup on August 15, 2019 when I placed my pre-order. I'm now enjoying my R1S and choose to enjoy life rather than wasting time speculating about what-ifs.

It's better to have loved and lost.......

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Shorts want it to tank. They've been saying the same about Tesla forever.

That said, even if they go under, the assets are worth something to someone. Some other company would step in and buy them up for cheap.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
It reads as through it’s bot-generated, and is filled with speculation - some of it already debunked by their Q1 earnings report.

So no - pay it no mind. It’s dumb.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer

R1S88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

This is the most poorly written and thinly reasoned clickbait I've read in quite a while. It had to be written by a chatbot. There's no attempt to analyze the company's financials at all. I wish I could get back the 2 minutes I spent reading it.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

You read some shit.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I’m sorry, but WTF is that website? No banner, no menus, nothing. It’s like someone made an entire website for one article.

Sponsored

OP
OP

FTWRS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
Occupation
Consulting
I’m sorry, but WTF is that website? No banner, no menus, nothing. It’s like someone made an entire website for one article.
It was in the Fort Worth Star Telegram. The intention of posting wasn’t to debate the merits of the article. I agree, poorly written and not accurate. It just got me thinking about what happens if they don’ t make it? I enjoy my S and knew the risks when I purchased. Hopefully someone buys and keeps the model alive.

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
Shorts want it to tank. They've been saying the same about Tesla forever.

That said, even if they go under, the assets are worth something to someone. Some other company would step in and buy them up for cheap.
This. I wouldn't worry about being left with a vehicle that no one's accountable to. There's good reason to be optimistic. Rivian is doin' the damn thing - to the tune of 50k this year plus a lot more next year, the product is acclaimed by consumers and critics, and their liquidity position is the envy of every would-be competitor. They'll be a large and permanent fixture in the EV landscape unless they royally f**k up with the R2 line. Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored