2023 Rivian R1S

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Thanks for sharing this article. It further confirms the conversations I had with RJ back at the Outlander West Expo in Flagstaff last year. Rivian's culture is one of purpose and all employees are focused on the success of the company. Everyone has a voice which is very cool. My hope is they do not lose that over time as they grow larger. I think I shared in previous comments that my wife was on the fence with Rivian before meeting RJ, where we learned more about the goals they had from the start. The simple fact of being able to re-purpose the batteries (secondary use he called it) when the car expires, as one truck can power up to five homes, hence their donations of the prototype vehicle batteries to Puerto Rico after the huricane.

Cool company, and I am looking forward to the R1S/R1T hitting production and ultimately delivery to us...

Last edited:

Not2Bragg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500
Behind the partition there are what looks like two prototype bodies, each with clam shell doors. I'm curious if this is an early prototype for a smaller bodied truck.

Rivian R1T R1S Article: Inside Rivian’s sleek redesign of an Albert Kahn factory in Plymouth Prototypes.JPG

Zoomed in:

Rivian R1T R1S Article: Inside Rivian’s sleek redesign of an Albert Kahn factory in Plymouth Rivian Clamshell prototypes

Last edited by a moderator:

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Likely gutted F-150 based test mules.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Behind the partition there are what looks like two prototype bodies, each with clam shell doors. I'm curious if this is an early prototype for a smaller bodied truck.

Prototypes.JPG

Zoomed in:

Rivian Clamshell prototypes.jpg
Nice catch!,

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Likely gutted F-150 based test mules.
Agreed. They used extended cab mules, not crew cab, and the doors on them open in this manner.

Kudos to @Not2Bragg for being very observant though!
Sponsored