First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maserati QP, Porsche GTS, BMW X5, R1S
Occupation
Financial
Very in-depth profile on Rivian and RJ. The good. The Bad. And the ugly is spelled out in an honest piece of how Rivian focuses more on the environment than customer service or profits and the perils it produced to folks like all of us on this forum.

https://on.ft.com/3P0ocjy

Paywall free 3 - 2 - 1 - GOoooooooo

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nermal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Miata, 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Q5
I don't think I'd seen the "launch mode" he first describes (floor brake and gas, count 3-2-release on 1) as a Rivian recommendation. Have others or is that something new or a hack?

Its not like I've pushed the limits already and looking for more. Just punching and then not even to the floor has been plenty, so far. Just curious if that's a prescription for or another .1 or .2 seconds 0-60.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
Thanks for the article. I didn't know he went to the same undergrad college as I did.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I like the math in this part of the article: Ford invested $1.7 bn and lost $3.1 bn on Rivian.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I like the math in this part of the article: Ford invested $1.7 bn and lost $3.1 bn on Rivian.
…and still holds $3 bn in stock…. Love all of the new math people use reporting financials.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I don't think I'd seen the "launch mode" he first describes (floor brake and gas, count 3-2-release on 1) as a Rivian recommendation. Have others or is that something new or a hack?

Its not like I've pushed the limits already and looking for more. Just punching and then not even to the floor has been plenty, so far. Just curious if that's a prescription for or another .1 or .2 seconds 0-60.
On my first mile drive that's exactly what the person from Rivian had me do. Stand on both pedals, count to 3 and let go of the brake.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
"At MIT, he learnt that the big car companies were very good at manufacturing at scale, very good at introducing new models and styles, and very good at rehashing the status quo. But they were not very good at changing course or introducing a totally new concept."

What a load of bs. You learn such things by working at car companies. These carefully groomed founder stories required for millennial entrepreneurs are ridiculous.
Sponsored