Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We are in Texas but drive up to the Ozarks often. We towed motorcycles up this past weekend and realized if we had done this with the Rivian, there is a dead zone of charging stations in our usual haunts. There are a lot of defunct 2 pump gas stations that would make great destination spots for coffee and fast charging. Jasper has a few spots that would be great. I do hope Arkansas ends up on the list of charging stations eventually.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Arkansas did not see a great deal of love with the first rollout of the RAN. I'm sure hoping the next wave peppers a few more stations across the state. I've said it before, but I think Eureka Springs would be a fun place to have one and that could help to fill a void crossing the state and getting up into the Bull Shoals area. It may be off the beaten path, but that's part of the fun!

OP
OP

Lisa

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

As I said, there are a lot of defunct gas stations and other businesses near major hiking and fishing areas that are a good option. Eureka Springs could use the boost in traffic a charging station would bring. I look forward to seeing what they do as we will need it up there. There are very few AirBnB options with EV charging.

kdcold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2011 Toyota 4Runner, 2013 Infiniti JX35
Occupation
Banking IT Software Services
Thanks for creating this Arkansas thread, Lisa! As a native Texan now in Arkansas, I appreciate your appreciation for The Natural State.
Latest charging stations list I see on https://rivian.com/experience/charging shows stations planned for Texarkana and Ft. Smith (and Little Rock, plus a few in OK).
I agree with you and DuckTruck that Eureka Springs would be a GREAT place for a charging station. According to https://afdc.energy.gov/stations#/f..._levels=dc_fast&ev_levels=3&location=Arkansas there are a few Level 2 chargers there already, so hopefully those will get used enough to warrant more & better by the time we get our trucks!

Anyone else in AR have a spot on the waiting list for a Rivian? Let's bring 'em to The Natural State!

kdcold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bumping this thread with 1 of 29 pics I count from the Arkansas portion of leg 2 of that MT TAT run of R1Ts through The Natural State.

Anyone in here done all or part of the Arkansas stretch of the Trans America Trail before?

Rivian R1T R1S Arkansas MotorTrend_2022-Rivian-R1T-Leg-2-37

Sponsored

bmosesso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Hello all,
I have a R1T on order & live in NWA (Lowell, Fayetteville, Bentonville, Rogers).
With this area being
the fastest growing area in the state I believe this area will have the highest sales in the state for Rivian & therefore will have charging stations on the list before too long.
Go Hogs!

kdcold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hello all,
I have a R1T on order & live in NWA (Lowell, Fayetteville, Bentonville, Rogers).
With this area being
the fastest growing area in the state I believe this area will have the highest sales in the state for Rivian & therefore will have charging stations on the list before too long.
Go Hogs!
Welcome @bmosesso!

There may very well end up being more Rivian sales in NWA than central AR, but either way I hope for more RAN sites all across our Natural State! I'm less concerned about having those near home (where I will typically charge) than having them spread around here and surrounding states for my travels.
Service centers, on the other hand, I am much more interested in being local!

Let's shout about our Rivian discovery, get the Arkansas base built up for more of both.
Woo Pig S00ie!

kdcold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
As an updated response to the OP, the current RAN map on the Rivian site "Experience" section shows planned chargers in Texarkana and Ft. Smith along the route from East Texas to the Ozarks.

And for us Arkansans and those traveling deeper into the state, @J_T_Franklin (Twitter) has established https://franklinscharging.com/ and is nearly finished building new stations in Little Rock and Hot Springs.

Exciting things happening for EVs, even in Arkansas!

emj5150

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Lexus hybrid
Occupation
Sales
Thanks for creating this Arkansas thread, Lisa! As a native Texan now in Arkansas, I appreciate your appreciation for The Natural State.
Latest charging stations list I see on https://rivian.com/experience/charging shows stations planned for Texarkana and Ft. Smith (and Little Rock, plus a few in OK).
I agree with you and DuckTruck that Eureka Springs would be a GREAT place for a charging station. According to https://afdc.energy.gov/stations#/f..._levels=dc_fast&ev_levels=3&location=Arkansas there are a few Level 2 chargers there already, so hopefully those will get used enough to warrant more & better by the time we get our trucks!

Anyone else in AR have a spot on the waiting list for a Rivian? Let's bring 'em to The Natural State!

Is your profile pic your Premier boat in front of F.L. Davis in Heber Springs?

Sponsored

kdcold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Rivian635

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Acura MDX Hybrid, Honda CRV
Hello all,
With this area being
Go Hogs!
Hi - Curious if anyone has heard if there is a Rivian Service Center planned for NWA? I will be living in Bentonville part time and will be taking delivery of my R1T in April/May.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Not sure about NWA, but Rivian has had job postings for service techs in Tulsa which is just a couple hours away from Bentonville.