Sponsored

Are you good with Kneel mode height?

Do you want kneel mode with running boards at low position?

• Current low position, with running boards installed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
With the new option, Kneel mode is useful but I still find it too high as it is sitting at low but not low enough height. Absent a set of installed running boards, I would like Kneel mode sitting lower . If the Rivian has an option to add a set of running boards it would be perfect. What do you think?
Sponsored

kenmoo

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Hight should be lower. i found another problem. normally before i exit i move the seat back and when i get in i go to the restore button. With the update the seat returns to the restore position before i even get in the truck.

gd_r1t

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Product manager
After trying kneel mode for a couple of days, I decided to disable it. I'm 6' so I can afford to. But personally I find the truck to feel awkward visually at low/lowest heights. Walking up to / away from the truck is the only time I really look at it from the outside.

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
'22 R1T VIN 2xx, '19 Model 3, '70 Blazer
What running boards style do people prefer or wish would fit? We’ll likely be offering a rock slider in the near future and would love to meet your running board needs as part of the same package.

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
Hight should be lower. i found another problem. normally before i exit i move the seat back and when i get in i go to the restore button. With the update the seat returns to the restore position before i even get in the truck.
Maybe try making a new seat preset (called Park or something similar) and when you park, switch to that preset instead of just moving the seat back. That way it probably won't move the seat back up when you next get in.

Sponsored

ravian

First Name
Debarshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Sienna
What running boards style do people prefer or wish would fit? We’ll likely be offering a rock slider in the near future and would love to meet your running board needs as part of the same package.
It’s great to see someone planning to offer these. I read somewhere that the Rivians don’t have an easy mechanism to attach running boards. Is that true?
If I had a choice I would choose a retractable running board first. Next choice would be an “aesthetically pleasing” full length board, maybe aluminum? No bars or pipes- they look too crude and may not be as comfortable using them.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Would be nice to have an option for “comfort access”, where the steering wheel moves in/up and the seat moves back when going into park. Then goes back to the memory position upon touching the brake pedal.

Everyone’s already did it.

Rivian R1T R1S Are you good with Kneel mode height? 1667227639296

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have no issues getting in or out of the truck at standard height. Running boards at kneel height would practically touch the ground.

Shnork

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan rouge , Subaru Legacy
Occupation
pA
My wife is only 4'8" on a good day, would love the option of full running board for R1S , or retractable running boards but she will likley have a tough time even with kneel mode as it sounds it doesnt even go as low as sport mode

OP
OP
windblowlc

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ideally something that would impact the ground clearance the least amount first and foremost. As a retractable might be too tough to incorporate into the Rivian, I'd love to have a board that would sit close to the rocker panel, not too thick and not too wide, with some pleasing design on them at the rear door steps. And while you're at it, give us R1T owners a fitted rubber truck bed mat, not a rug mat, please!

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
For my part, something minimal (e.g. a powder coated tube) with enough rear kickout to save the rear fender would be nice. I'd actively prefer not to have a full running board (am 6'4" 🙂) - others would reasonably disagree.

OP
OP
windblowlc

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have no issues getting in or out of the truck at standard height. Running boards at kneel height would practically touch the ground.
You don't have to enable kneel mode if you have running boards. They're useful for roof access.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

We’ll likely be offering a rock slider in the near future...
Will be nice to see, but please make sure they can support the weight of the truck. Proper rock sliders need to be able to wind up resting / dragged on a rock and not bend at all and damaging the body. Really good ones can be used as a jack point with a high lift or equivalent off-road jack. If they can't handle that kind of abuse it'll be nearly useless for off-roaders.

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
I'd prefer no kneel with running boards. I like that kneel is an option, but honestly takes a little too long sometimes to get up to the previous height. With running boards, I'd probably disable it.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Sport mode low is enough for my 5’6” wife but then again she was used to my jacked up truck I used to have before this that depending on what she was wearing required me to pick her up and put her in the truck.

I didn’t need kneel mode at all since my truck lives in sport anyways unless I’m doing a lot of off-road stuff
Sponsored