Sponsored

Are you changing from Max to Large Packs when CS calls you?

Are you changing from Max to Large Packs when CS calls you?

• Total voters

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I'm curious what all your plans are.
Sponsored

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
I'm curious what all your plans are.
Ordered a second truck that will stay Max Pack.

Switching my first preorder to Large Pack.

Will sell that truck when the Max Pack is delivered.

Note: This plan doesn't correspond cleanly to any of the choices in your poll, so I didn't vote.

OP
OP

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Ordered a second truck that will stay Max Pack.

Switching my first preorder to Large Pack.

Will sell that truck when the Max Pack is delivered.

Note: This plan doesn't correspond cleanly to any of the choices in your poll, so I didn't vote.
I like your choice. Added it to the poll.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Short of some major backfire on Rivian's part the resale on these things should be decent over the next few years. With the supply chain and component issues we'll be experiencing through the next 18 months or longer it makes sense to get a vehicle "sooner", live with it then sell it in a year or so for what will likely be little to no loss.

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Changed about an hour after RJ's email. Bummed as I am in a very cold climate and hope to do some light towing of a single snowmobile, but I work from home otherwise so I'll make it work.

Edit: I should note I ordered way too late to be contacted (11/10)

Sponsored

Outdoorsyish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and Subaru Ascent
I voted for switching, and did that, but also a little more…

After finding out my earliest expected max pack delivery would be 2nd half 2023, but that I could have received a large pack adventure R1T Oct-Dec 2022 (based on others with similar pre-order dates, not communication with Rivian), I changed my Max pack to a large. I have not received any real communication from Rivian yet, regarding how this might effect my spot in line, but hope to over the next month or two.

Then, I got impatient and pre-ordered another vehicle, an R1S, just to make sure I wouldn’t be delayed another 3-4 years if our family likes the R1T we eventually get and decides to upgrade our other vehicle (an SUV) to an R1S. Or, maybe I could change it back to a max pack in the future if I decide range is that important.

Then, I got more impatient and started looking to see if any LE R1Ts might be available to swap spots (life happens, not everyone may want an earlier delivery). I do think a bit of a market exists for this, not ideal always ideal, but it may be an option for some.

Just trying to make lemonade out of lemons…. Particularly since I really want the lemon tree to survive and really like their products, even though I have yet to be able to see or test drive one in person.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I'm sticking with Max Pack. I am Explore/Max, so I will be 2023 either way. I don't see the value in switching to Adventure.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
Ordered an etron-s to drive until the max pack gets here.

OP
OP

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Has anyone gotten the call yet? I put down my deposit and 2019. I feel like I'm owed the option to pick a Launch Edition. Or at the very least get the wheel upgrade offered in the Launch Edition. If I would have been told this was the plan I would have made that choice when I had the chance.

stingerdav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Titan Pro-4x, Subaru Ascent
Has anyone gotten the call yet? I put down my deposit and 2019. I feel like I'm owed the option to pick a Launch Edition. Or at the very least get the wheel upgrade offered in the Launch Edition. If I would have been told this was the plan I would have made that choice when I had the chance.
My thinking is in line with yours. I'm a Feb 2019 preorder and I purposefully passed on LE bc we were told little to no delay for the max pack. If I had been told it would be a year+, I never would have selected max. If they give me the LE pricing I'd be tempted to swap, if not, I'll probably just wait and if something better comes along (I don't think it will), I'll jump on it.

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Relax, it's only 2 business days into the month. We all know Rivian likes to wait until the last possible week to meet their timelines.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Max pack or bust. 400 miles isn't really 400 miles...

I may reconsider if the max pack comes with too many other compromises. We don't know if it also lowers payload and tow ratings or encroaches on storage space like under the rear seat or the bed floor where the spare tire goes.

OP
OP

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Max pack or bust. 400 miles isn't really 400 miles...

I may reconsider if the max pack comes with too many other compromises. We don't know if it also lowers payload and tow ratings or encroaches on storage space like under the rear seat or the bed floor where the spare tire goes.
i asked about these things at the first mile drive event. I was told that the payload won’t change and the under seat storage in the rear will be gone. Also, battery voltage are the same between the two packs.

however, all these things may change now that they’ve decided to spend more time developing the max pack battery. I wonder if they plan on introducing their own cels by then.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Poll probably needs an undecided option. But I couldn't answer it anyway because being a Mar 2020 preorder means they have not announced any plans for CS to contact me. Once they get through the 2018 and 19 preorders, depending on conversion rates maybe they will start to move down the line. But that's a big maybe. I'm not changing anything for now. But I would consider it if I could get one 6-12 months earlier. But they probably won't even give that detail. The option between Nov-Dec 22 for a large pack and 1st 1/2 of 2023 for a max pack could be as little as 1 day or as much as 8 months.

OP
OP

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Has anyone with a 2018 or 2019 reservation changed their configuration to a large pack and gotten an updated delivery date? If so, what?
Sponsored