Sponsored

Are you an LE, Adventure, or Explore reservation holder?

Are you an LE, Adventure, or Explore reservation holder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I am in the camp of paying as little as I can for it (Explore). Some people think If I am paying this much for a vehicle I want to reduce the chance of regret as much as possible so I get the top trim. I think EV industry is moving so fast that no matter what I get, I will regret why I didn't wait a few more years. So the less I pay the less regret I will have.

Adventure. Dark headliner and ventilated seats were important. The audio system was a factor too since I don't know if the base system is all digital/bus-based, or if it's easy to upgrade. I'll likely still want deeper bass than the Meridian can provide, but we'll see.
Who could have guessed a few years ago we make choices for $80K purchase without really knowing about all our options? I have driven standard version of many cars costing 1/3 of Explore with excellent sound. How bad can it be? We all deserve to see and hear all our options before delivery.

Seeing how they've already delivered vehicles to customers and they still won't let anyone try the powered tonneau because it's always broken/acting up/prone to breaking/etc. I almost wish opting out of the powered tonneau was an option!
I had to donate the car with perfect power train because there were too many automated features were on the fritz anything from the dual zone control unit to window motors. On the other hand, my eighteen year old truck with manual windows is running perfectly and if anything does go wrong there is a good chance I can fix it. I can't understand how people can be OK with all the work that goes with an unnecessary off road adventure but opening a tonneau cover manually is too much. The first thing my professor in first day of our automation class told us: "Make sure it is worth it before you add to system complexity".

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I'm an R1S reservation holder and I think there's even less value to get the Adventure trim over the Explore. There is no power tonneau cover so the difference between the two are mainly the stereo system, ventilated seats and the wood trim. I have a hard time believing thats worth $5500. When I asked CS about this they said the R1S has more speakers than the R1T. Maybe I need to see and hear to determine if its worth the price diff.

And Chilewich? I'd rather pay $175 to get the all weather floor mats. Anything else is going to get dirty, stay dirty and wear down faster than all weather mats.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Iā€™ve selected the Explore package for my R1T. At the moment, Iā€™m keeping the price under $74K in anticipation of the new EV Tax Credit setting that as the cutoff. If that cutoff is removed, Iā€™ll change my order to the Adventure package.

That said, from what Iā€™m seeing, even the Explore package is more luxurious than the F150 Lightningā€˜s Lariat trim. That trim cost the same but with less range.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Adventure Trim somewhat negative to negative features:
  • The perforations required for the ventilated seats
Not many people think long and hard about the implications of this. But as someone with little kids, I *HATE* those perforations. For like those moments when a kid gets carsick in back on a road trip.

Or that time my 2 year old daughter was "playing" at driving the car (while in the garage) with no pants on (I'm not sure why). And had an "accident", of the semi-solid variety.

I sold that car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
fallen888

fallen888

First Name
Kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, El Cap/black, power tonneau, 21"
Occupation
IT
Clubs

as someone with little kids, I *HATE* those perforations. For like those moments when a kid gets carsick in back on a road trip.
Yeah, that's def a negative if you have little rug rats. Thankfully, my teenagers don't have too many "accidents" anymore. ?

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

Yeah, that's def a negative if you have little rug rats. Thankfully, my teenagers don't have too many "accidents" anymore. ?
My recollection of being a teenager is that liquid/semi solid accidents in cars increased, mostly alcohol induced.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I'm an R1S reservation holder and I think there's even less value to get the Adventure trim over the Explore. There is no power tonneau cover so the difference between the two are mainly the stereo system, ventilated seats and the wood trim. I have a hard time believing thats worth $5500. When I asked CS about this they said the R1S has more speakers than the R1T. Maybe I need to see and hear to determine if its worth the price diff.

And Chilewich? I'd rather pay $175 to get the all weather floor mats. Anything else is going to get dirty, stay dirty and wear down faster than all weather mats.
I'd pay that difference just for the ventilated seats!
However, we will see what happens with EV tax credits. If it has a cap and I need to get under that, then going Explore would save obviously from the upgrade cost but also the tax credit.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Hoping the price limit for the tax credit is lifted or eliminated. Either that or Rivian gets creative with pricing to get around it. As it is proposed there is no way to get the max pack and be eligible. That won't stop me from buying, but definitely is a kick in the pants.

OP
OP
fallen888

fallen888

First Name
Kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Clubs

My recollection of being a teenager is that liquid/semi solid accidents in cars increased, mostly alcohol induced.
I've had a no food and no drinks (except water) in my car rule for years.

Sponsored

OP
OP
fallen888

fallen888

First Name
Kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Iā€™m keeping the price under $74K in anticipation of the new EV Tax Credit setting that as the cutoff.
Does $74K include taxes and destinations charge and all that?

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Does $74K include taxes and destinations charge and all that?
I believe it's the purchase price. Not sure if it includes destination. If it does, I'll have to cut some content from the truck. Most likely the color.

KingofThorns

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lexus GX 460
Occupation
Attorney
I agree with this, even though I am currently a holder on the Adventure trim. I contacted CS about it, as well, and the person I chatted with (over the computer) did not seem too informed and only referred me to the page that compared the trim levels. It certainly did not make me feel good about choosing Adventure, although I can easily go back to Explore.

Although I do like the wood trim, I really chose the Adventure for the sound system and, to a lesser extent, the ventilated seats. I feel like I have to test drive and see the differences in the trims before I can be sure of what I want. For instance, ventilated seats - I love them (especially because I usually go for darker interior), but they are hit or miss. The ventilated seats on my Mazda are fantastic and I can feel a difference when I use them. The ventilated seats on my previous vehicle, a Lexus RX, did not do anything.

The upgraded floor mats, fine. I don't know what Chiliwich or whatever is, but I can give or take them. Tbh, with the Explore trim level, I also included the all season mats, but I took them off with the Adventure because I was trying to be cost-conscious.

I have an R1S on preorder so I am hoping that I can put off my final decision until I see the product.