Sponsored

Are the ventilated seats wimpy or is it just my truck?

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
Interesting. Are you sure? I’ve been meaning to dig into the wire harness and switch them the other way. No need anymore tho, cause now it’s my wife’s car.
Yeah, I test drove a GX ( When Rivian upped the price I was going to buy a GX ) and I am 100% positive it was blowing air and not sucking.
Sponsored

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
I also feel the seat chillers became weaker ... but that maybe be due to other variable like AC settings, etc. (so will have to play with it) ... I barely feel it in the seat now and just barely in the back.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
My seat chillers worked great at first. I actually would have to turn them down. It seemed with the .19 update they became almost non-functioning. I have a ticket started for this and several other things, but have not heard back from service yet as to when they will look at the truck.

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost
My F150 def sucked the air in on my cooled seats. Then it blew that hot air off my sweaty butt right onto the back passenger via an exhaust in the mid-back of the seat. My kids absolutely hated it (for good reason). I wasn't sure on the Rivian but I'm glad y'all confirmed it "blows."

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Don't have a personal experience but what you are wearing may make a difference. A YMCA style lather pants does not allow as much air flow (in either direction ;) as a cotton pants.

Sponsored

gbrenneriv

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S 2023
Occupation
Business Development
My seat chillers worked great at first. I actually would have to turn them down. It seemed with the .19 update they became almost non-functioning. I have a ticket started for this and several other things, but have not heard back from service yet as to when they will look at the truck.
Hi there, wondering if you ever got this resolved? I'm having the same experience. First few weeks seats could flash freeze a flounder. Now, I'm not sure I'm feeling any air at all.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Mine get too cold. I leave it at level 1. I have not updated to the newest software as it seems like it messed with HVAC and seat cooling and I want both of those functioning as they have been, especially in this summer heat.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Hi there, wondering if you ever got this resolved? I'm having the same experience. First few weeks seats could flash freeze a flounder. Now, I'm not sure I'm feeling any air at all.
Make sure your lower rear vents are on, it makes all the difference in the world. And they don't persistently stay on, so check them whenever you feel the seat vents aren't really working.

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
Mine are so cold that I have to turn them down after just a few moments. Way better than my old Audi

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Mine used to be cold/strong. With the latest update, they are much weaker overall.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
Mine are back to the level of comfort they once were. I now run them on low as high will freeze you out. Perfect!

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Saw someone mention it seemed diminished after the recent update. Surely not? But I also swear they've been less effective since around that time... Hmmm.
Since 2023.26.00 mine have been much more unpredictable. They used to be fantastic. But with this software release they don't work hardly at all when the vehicle is doing the weed-eater imitation.

My understanding is that Rivian is aware of the air conditioner/compressor problem. I'm hoping my seats return to their prior behavior, which was stellar - strong but controllable with the levels of cooling needed.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Inconsistency of experiences from truck to truck is completely normal from Normal.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Mine work OK. They seem to vary from time to time. The ones in my Silverado work well all the time.

Brian
Sponsored