Sponsored

April - May 2022 Delivery Club/Hype Thread

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Picked-up my pick-up.

The Service Center pick-up lasted about 10 minutes. Was ready to get this thing in my garage after the first delivery hiccup. Still playing around with the setting and what not.

Here’s to more forum-member deliveries. And can we get some of those R1Ses in customer hands?
It's about time! Are you happy with the re-spray? Do you know which shop they used?
Sponsored

thibbitts

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 FJ cruiser 2018 4runner
My guide told me the 8 step would open up in a week or 2 after signing the PBA and here I sit at almost 4 weeks since signing and I have heard nothing. Texted and emailed my guide last week and also haven't heard anything back. Not many days left in my May delivery window....

OP
OP
Rhidan

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It's about time! Are you happy with the re-spray? Do you know which shop they used?
I haven't seen the truck in full sunlight yet! The service manager told me a "third party" resprayed the hood, fender panel, charge door, and driver side door. I haven't noticed a difference in the paint yet, but we need some sunshine in Colorado before I can make a final determination.

I am having problems with the front-passenger door. The door doesn't seem to be hung correctly, and it rubs against the fender panel when opening (making a terrible sounding metal "pop" sound). I'm waiting a little bit before sending it back for service. One of the rear passenger doors would also not open from the inside, but the child-lock was just on for some reason. My tonneau cover also sticks out a full seven inches from the bed wall when opened (and closes very tightly and compressed against the tailgate when closed). That might be by design to make it weather-proof, but I might see if they can adjust it so I don't lose so much space in the bed. My dog is also mortally terrified of all the sounds it makes. We'll have to work on that.

I was just ready to get the truck. In hindsight, I should have first checked I had the spare tire and charging cables (I did) before driving off. I wanted to get it in my garage to inspect and play with.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I haven't seen the truck in full sunlight yet! The service manager told me a "third party" resprayed the hood, fender panel, charge door, and driver side door. I haven't noticed a difference in the paint yet, but we need some sunshine in Colorado before I can make a final determination.

I am having problems with the front-passenger door. The door doesn't seem to be hung correctly, and it rubs against the fender panel when opening (making a terrible sounding metal "pop" sound). I'm waiting a little bit before sending it back for service. One of the rear passenger doors would also not open from the inside, but the child-lock was just on for some reason. My tonneau cover also sticks out a full seven inches from the bed wall when opened (and closes very tightly and compressed against the tailgate when closed). That might be by design to make it weather-proof, but I might see if they can adjust it so I don't lose so much space in the bed. My dog is also mortally terrified of all the sounds it makes. We'll have to work on that.

I was just ready to get the truck. In hindsight, I should have first checked I had the spare tire and charging cables (I did) before driving off. I wanted to get it in my garage to inspect and play with.
Makes total sense. I would have had a hard time sitting around the service center as well if I were in your situation. Tonneau behavior is definitely abnormal. It should roll all the way up into the "container" with only maybe an inch or so still sticking out. I've seen others say that it's just a quick adjustment that needs to be made at the SC. Obviously door sticking/rubbing is not normal either. Hopefully opening/closing isn't causing any damage where it rubs. Also sounds like an easy adjustment (fingers crossed).

NeuronBasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, VW Taos
Clubs

The saga continues! My guide told me that my (for real this time, honest) truck left Normal on Saturday en route to the Richmond, VA delivery center. For those following along at home, this is VIN #3 (5521) -- VIN 1 was turned around en route due to an unspecified issue, and VIN 2 has been sitting "at the end of the production line" for the last 10 days after failing QC for something power window related.

Hopefully the third time is the charm since we're 19 days and counting since I paid for it. Fingers crossed!

On the plus side, my guide has been pretty communicative and doing as much as she can. I always feel a little bad because she thanks me for my patience in a way that makes it clear that there are other customers who are taking out their delivery frustrations on her. The least I can do is not shoot the messenger!

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

The loaner I've had for over a month has the same issue with the driver door....lift up on the handle when opening and it doesn't hit...I can tell they tried to adjust it, cuz the paint is not on the nuts of the adjusting bolts. If you let it do that too much it'll rub the paint down at the contact point. Glad you finally got to play with the truck though!

thibbitts

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 FJ cruiser 2018 4runner
My guide told me the 8 step would open up in a week or 2 after signing the PBA and here I sit at almost 4 weeks since signing and I have heard nothing. Texted and emailed my guide last week and also haven't heard anything back. Not many days left in my May delivery window....
I heard from my guide after resending the email today. He said it is in Assembly now and that it should be sent to the Houston SC next week. I guess they assign the VIN and the 8 step starts when it starts the trip to Houston. Fingers crossed that I can get delivery before June 8 or else I'll have to wait until June 28!

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado
My truck made it to Atlanta but Rivian is choosing to miss the delivery time frame.

They called today to say they wanted to schedule delivery in the “next few weeks”

I told them I had requested pickup at the service center and had hoped to get it this week and they were unaware but said it probably wasn’t possible this week.

They also had the wrong delivery address.

They finally offered June 7 as first available delivery.

Two more weeks to wait. I don’t understand why it would take either 2 or “a few” weeks to complete the inspection.
Nor why none of my arrangements were documented.

Rivian continues to frustrate and disappoint.

OP
OP
Rhidan

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I haven't noticed a difference in the paint yet, but we need some sunshine in Colorado before I can make a final determination.
After looking at the paint in the sun, I actually think the re-spray looks better than the paint that came from the factory. The whole passenger side is covered in orange peel, but no such peel where they did the respray. I was a little nervous getting a body shop to match paint for a brand new vehicle, but it looks like they did a great job. Despite asking, Rivian never told me who the "third party" was who did it. There was 80 miles on the truck, so they must have drove it to some shop in the greater Denver area.

NeuronBasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, VW Taos
Clubs

My delivery saga is almost at an end! The service center folks contacted me today and told me that they could schedule my home delivery in mid-June or ... I could drive 3 hours to Richmond, VA and pick it up on Saturday.

Needless to say, I'm picking it up on Saturday!

Sponsored

Otisbrick

First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2015 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Physician
My story continues. Told a few weeks ago if I changed to forest edge I could get my truck in Atlanta the following week. Crickets. Contacted guide again and now “my truck” is in the general assembly line. Switched me back to BM. Looks like I’m going to miss my April/May window. Still no VIN or 8 steps.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Any R1S folks on this room?