April - May 2022 Delivery Club/Hype Thread

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
My 8 steps opened up yesterday and in the process of shopping my trade-in. Rivian low-balled it pretty hard. 5K below KBB poor condition trade value. My guide said that they won't negotiate their offer. In the meantime I've secured financing and verified there won't be any issues with insurance.
Same here, $18k from Rivian, every other offer online was $21k-$24k. I’m going to keep the extra vehicle after we get the R1T for a week or so, in case the Rivian has issues.
Sponsored

NeuronBasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, VW Taos
Clubs

My delivery saga continues, 15 days after I paid Rivian and my vehicle was unceremoniously removed from my account, my 8 steps opened back up showing 7 out of 8 completed still. Just waiting on the scheduling step to open up at this point and (knock wood) take delivery in the next few days.

The frustrating part along the way for both me and my guide was a complete lack of visibility about why my truck was pulled, when my new build would start, why my new build sat "at the end of the production line" for 6 days, and basically anything else. She escalated multiple times, but both she and her supervisor just weren't able to get any real information at any step along the way.

All in all it has been a pretty rocky delivery experience so far, but I'm sure I'll forget it all once I get my truck. And fortunately, the feedback about the service experience for those who have had issues has been nearly universally glowing.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
My delivery saga continues, 15 days after I paid Rivian and my vehicle was unceremoniously removed from my account, my 8 steps opened back up showing 7 out of 8 completed still. Just waiting on the scheduling step to open up at this point and (knock wood) take delivery in the next few days.

The frustrating part along the way for both me and my guide was a complete lack of visibility about why my truck was pulled, when my new build would start, why my new build sat "at the end of the production line" for 6 days, and basically anything else. She escalated multiple times, but both she and her supervisor just weren't able to get any real information at any step along the way.

All in all it has been a pretty rocky delivery experience so far, but I'm sure I'll forget it all once I get my truck. And fortunately, the feedback about the service experience for those who have had issues has been nearly universally glowing.
Man, that sucks. Thanks to everyone going before me that has had to deal with this, as I won't submit payment or set up insurance until I've got some strong confirmation that the truck is ready for delivery. (I know some people have been screwed even this late, but it seems like most issues are between factory and SC.)

All they had to do to cut back on this pain for most people was wait to open insurance & payment steps until after the vehicle had cleared all inspections and been sitting at the service center. It adds maybe a day to the process, but now if the vehicle comes in broken, at least you weren't sitting around paying on a non-existent vehicle.

Otisbrick

First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2015 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Physician
Guide told me today that my truck was in “production process” today and that a VIN will be assigned this weekend. 8 steps to open early next week.

FWIW. I’m not holding my breath!

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
I've got two preorders. One from 11/2018 and another from 9/2021. The latter is going to be an R1S, hopefully!

Just watched this after it was mentioned on the Accidental Tech podcast. I assume its the early preorder? Appreciated the many views of hands on uses of many controls (software and hard controls), detailed descriptions/views of the interiors, the hitch (looks tricky to access), alignment issues, etc. Not a quick watch, but quite fun to watch knowing my R1T is (hopefully) less than 2 weeks away......

Sponsored

Snazzy Labs

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Genesis GV80, Coda EV
Occupation
YouTuber

Just watched this after it was mentioned on the Accidental Tech podcast. I assume its the early preorder? Appreciated the many views of hands on uses of many controls (software and hard controls), detailed descriptions/views of the interiors, the hitch (looks tricky to access), alignment issues, etc. Not a quick watch, but quite fun to watch knowing my R1T is (hopefully) less than 2 weeks away......
Thanks! Yeah, this is the early pre-order. This livestream was pretty off the cuff but I'm working on an "initial impressions" video covering things I love and don't like the first couple weeks into ownership. Hoping to be *different* from the many videos on YouTube that are much the same.

dtb369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Signed my PBA 23 days ago and nothing...same old message that the truck is on the manufacturing line (how long does it take to get through the line? Does anyone know?).

Continue getting the message that I will be getting my truck "soon" 😂. The end of May is fast approaching!
Just got my 8-step process opened today!! Finished everything except 3rd party financing which I’ll need guide support on Monday. Finally feeling real!

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado
Update. After 2 weeks of being on white exterior that was supposedly ready to ship - yet nothing happened, I changed back to forest green last week.

Monday 5/16 I contacted my guide (simply stating how many days I'd been a reservation holder - 1228 at that point). He responded with a new list of available vehicles including a launch green with all my other specs. I made the switch again with assurances that the processed had been revamped a couple times and what happened with the white truck shouldn't happen again.

Fast forward to this evening (5/19) and I receive the 8 step email / access. Completed everything except proof of insurance which I have to wait until my agent is in the office tomorrow. Final step (Delivery) is locked saying "preparing vehicle".

I opted on the phone to pick the vehicle up in Atlanta. I debated on pickup in Normal but decided I just don't have the time for road trip right now (10hrs to normal, normally as I originally am from near there, and 10hrs back + added charging time).
completed 7/8 steps… preparing for delivery is all that’s left. I opted for Pickup which is supposed to occur in Atl but no timeframe yet. I’m hoping early this week but not holding my breath.

vin assigned ends in 4857

smitjere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Guide Contact: April 27th
Signed PBA: April 29th

Nothing beyond that. I wonder if the quickness of things has to do with how aggressive the guide is. Obviously, mine seems lethargic at best.

RivianMN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Guide Contact: April 27th
Signed PBA: April 29th

Nothing beyond that. I wonder if the quickness of things has to do with how aggressive the guide is. Obviously, mine seems lethargic at best.
I have similar dates as you. I wonder if the production shift to produce FE interior batches pushed out those with BM interiors.

During the call with my guide, she was pretty confident I would have mine by the end of May. But, it seems like I have heard as much as you from my guide. I have many texts I've sent (a couple a week) that have gone unanswered.

Sponsored

KarTruck

First Name
Abhi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Monster S2R
I have similar dates as you. I wonder if the production shift to produce FE interior batches pushed out those with BM interiors.

During the call with my guide, she was pretty confident I would have mine by the end of May. But, it seems like I have heard as much as you from my guide. I have many texts I've sent (a couple a week) that have gone unanswered.
In the same boat. I keep asking every week and the response is the same: “no update” 😔
1274 days since order and counting…

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado
I'm at day 1235 but at least "my" truck is supposedly at the service center being inspected now.

smitjere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm at day 1235 but at least "my" truck is supposedly at the service center being inspected now.

just switched mine to FE..let's see what happens!

OP
OP
Rhidan

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Picked-up my pick-up.

The Service Center pick-up lasted about 10 minutes. Was ready to get this thing in my garage after the first delivery hiccup. Still playing around with the setting and what not.

Here’s to more forum-member deliveries. And can we get some of those R1Ses in customer hands?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser

From what CS and then my assigned guide indicated last week, they were about to go back to running BM interiors very soon. My config was White AT with BM interior and he said that is the configuration that was being prioritized now (AT BM - not specifically white) and my truck would probably be ready within a few weeks . But then same day he found an existing truck with a config I liked and is moving it from a service center. But had I waited, it seemed like they were finishing up the initial FE run and would be back to BM configs this week.
Sponsored