April - May 2022 Delivery Club/Hype Thread

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
I'm waiting for my R1S still. Just to add insult to injury, I got an email from RIvian about delivery saying that they'll update me on delivery timing at the end of October. Yikes.
Sponsored

Otisbrick

First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2015 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Physician
Nope got my wheels. I picked it up 9/29. Guide found my configuration in Chicago. I Was going up there for a meeting anyway, so I picked it up at Chicago service center and road tripped home. I did have to change the interior from BM to FE.

Rivian635

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Acura MDX Hybrid, Honda CRV
Thought I would log back in and let everyone know that I still haven't got my truck! Any other April/May windows still waiting or am I the last?
I dont have mine either... hard to know what goes on behind the curtain... but sure seems that us LE customers ended up being something other then Launch Edition.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Yahoo! Just got my R1S "Time to begin the purchase process" email. Going through the 8 step process. Kinda of annoying that I have to provide proof of insurance with the VIN number before I actually have the vehicle! Reserved 11/30/2018, San Diego, CA. I might be one of the first San Diego R1S deliveries. Hope the steering column bolts are tight :)

Sponsored

theHoff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 LE R1S
Yahoo! Just got my R1S "Time to begin the purchase process" email. Going through the 8 step process. Kinda of annoying that I have to provide proof of insurance with the VIN number before I actually have the vehicle! Reserved 11/30/2018, San Diego, CA. I might be one of the first San Diego R1S deliveries. Hope the steering column bolts are tight :)
What's your config?

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

You do not need to provide proof of insurance until you have been contacted to schedule delivery.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
What's your config?
Launch Edition, quad motor, large battery, El Cap, 20" AT Dark wheel, Black Mountain interior, compact spare, cargo crossbars, wall charger.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
You do not need to provide proof of insurance until you have been contacted to schedule delivery.
Well, I couldn't advance to the next step (which I guess was payment) unless I provided it. My insurance agent was kind enough to figure out a document I could use.

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Curious if you've been checking your account for a guide daily....

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Curious if you've been checking your account for a guide daily....Okay so And get out on
Almost every day lately, but apparently all I had to do was check my email. I actually got my “guide” in the spring, but I’ve never talked with him. Even now, I left him a voice mail, but no contact yet.

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Almost every day lately, but apparently all I had to do was check my email. I actually got my “guide” in the spring, but I’ve never talked with him. Even now, I left him a voice mail, but no contact yet.
Dang... No guide here. Am curious of what the lag time is between email and account update with a guide.

May help my addiction 😂

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
My insurance added my R1T to my plan, emailed me the card, but then made it inactive until I took delivery so it wasn't billed until I was driving it.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
So my guide contacted me via text. My R1S is still in Normal, and he expects 4-6 weeks transit plus 1-2 weeks prep. So ... Christmas present?

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Getting my R1S tomorrow! The timeline:

I reserved 11/30/18 for an R1S. Launch Edition, quad motor, large battery, El Cap, 20" AT Dark wheel, Black Mountain interior, compact spare, cargo crossbars, wall charger.

Got my "Time to begin the purchase process" email on 10/13. Guide contacted me soon thereafter. Got my VIN about that time. About a week later I received my Rivian Wall Charger. I still haven't had time to install it yet and this morning I get my "Rivian is ready for pickup" email!

Well, first they wanted me to pay for it, luckily I had the $$ in the bank account (fortuitous timing on a bond maturing), so I linked my bank account to Rivian using their third party system and that was that for payment.

First available was this Saturday but I had a pickleball tournament during that same time! So I gritted my teeth and booked a Tuesday morning pickup time. But then the local service center guy texted me offering tomorrow at 1pm for pickup! Yea!

I jury rigged the Wall Charger into a 50A outlet that I happened to have available until I can run the in wall MC cable I have for the permanent install. I'm set for now. Can't wait!
Sponsored

Last edited: