Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.carusobuildersny.com
Vehicles
22’ GT4, 22’ CT5 V Blackwing, BMW X7 M
Occupation
Builder / Developer
Sure enough… after 2 weeks of “waiting to be matched” to a vehicle that supposedly was sitting in the lot waiting to be assigned, and 2 weeks of nothin happening, my guide offered me yet another totally different config that was “currently available”. Yet no one can tell me where the vehicle that was available 2 weeks ago is or why we weren’t matched to it when requested etc…
I asked why I would change again and why this vehicle which is supposedly available is any different from what they said 2 weeks ago. Other than acknowledging that was a legitimate thought …. Rivian has no answers as to the status of the vehicle that was available and ready to go 2 weeks ago. I have switched back to my Forrest green since they can’t seem to find the white one they told me was ready to go and none of this seems to matter anyway.

Continue to have zero faith in this disaster.

After asking my guide to let me know what may be available she came back with a few options, one of them being my exact spec.... lol. She told me that she was going to confirm it was up for grabs and get back to me and to keep an eye on my email for the further steps. I texted her near the end of the day to confirm it was available and she replied that should likely wouldn't know until tomorrow. Seeing many stories like this one I'm not going to get my hopes up.....
Sponsored

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado
I hope I’m wrong for your sake but I believe it’s all BS.

it’s not the guides’ fault. Rivian fails their own staff and customers on a daily basis.

For weeks I’m told “waiting to be matched” and then they say something like “working hard to find you a truck”…. Which is it? Are you waiting for a match or are you working hard looking for a truck? Is there something you can do in this process or are we just waiting for someone else to do something or the “system” to work.

Then they say “well the process is new and has evolved a lot” referring to the list of available vehicles they are now given but zero ability to match said vehicles or to find out anything about them over the course of a couple weeks and can only offer you another vehicle that doesnt match your config even remotely as if the process has evolved to actually work.

It’s all BS.

I’m not bitter At all. Why?

After asking my guide to let me know what may be available she came back with a few options, one of them being my exact spec.... lol. She told me that she was going to confirm it was up for grabs and get back to me and to keep an eye on my email for the further steps. I texted her near the end of the day to confirm it was available and she replied that should likely wouldn't know until tomorrow. Seeing many stories like this one I'm not going to get my hopes up.....

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
To give you a glimmer of hope, my guide...on my intro call, asked if there was any config options I would be willing to flex on, I mentioned perhaps exterior color and/or wheels. He proceeded to run through a list of 4 or 5 trucks that fit the options I was flexible on and we zero'd in on one that was only a wheel change and he penned my name on that VIN. The next day or two he confirmed it was my truck and the 8 step opened a day or two later.

Guide call Monday, 8 steps on Thursday, delivery tomorrow (11 days).

Caruso0644

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.carusobuildersny.com
Vehicles
22’ GT4, 22’ CT5 V Blackwing, BMW X7 M
Occupation
Builder / Developer
To give you a glimmer of hope, my guide...on my intro call, asked if there was any config options I would be willing to flex on, I mentioned perhaps exterior color and/or wheels. He proceeded to run through a list of 4 or 5 trucks that fit the options I was flexible on and we zero'd in on one that was only a wheel change and he penned my name on that VIN. The next day or two he confirmed it was my truck and the 8 step opened a day or two later.

Guide call Monday, 8 steps on Thursday, delivery tomorrow (11 days).
Well hopefully I have some positive news to share today.

Snazzy Labs

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Genesis GV80, Coda EV
Occupation
YouTuber
What's up @Snazzy Labs? Your Sept 2021 YouTube video seems to indicate you preordered in Sept 2021 --see clip here:

But your forum signature shows an 11/2018 preorder? Assuming you're willing to share, inquiring minds would like to know. Don't get on the wrong side of those 2018'ers! They're merciless. 🤭🤣
I've got two preorders. One from 11/2018 and another from 9/2021. The latter is going to be an R1S, hopefully!

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
1,132 days #DeliveryDay
April 7, 2019 - May 13, 2022

Pics taken at the same location, just cloud cover changed. Such a dynamic color!

Rivian R1T R1S April - May 2022 Delivery Club/Hype Thread 20220513_182500

Rivian R1T R1S April - May 2022 Delivery Club/Hype Thread 20220513_182827

Last edited:

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

My 8 step process opened up at 4:35pm today! Yay!, Except i don't have all the documents needed to complete today, so will have to wait until insurance guys open tomorrow and can lock down the financing. Rivian wanted 4.5%, but got a 2.64% from AAA, which I'll take. Not a member of any credit union, and not doing a trade in since the Alpina B7 never shows up well in KBB or any other trade in listing. Got to find an enthusiast who wants the Alpina at the next Cars and Coffee weekend!

My VIN ends with 4496, so it seems i'm getting one that was made earlier than some of the more recent deliveries. Hoping it all goes smooth. As it is I'm getting a new CPO Mercedes from Boston (live in Charlotte) and i have to get that taken care of this week too. Not looking forward to the 15 hr drive back, but knowing the Rivian may be coming shortly after (or maybe before) the GL550 will make the trip more fun to get back home. Been waiting since Dec 10, 2018, and it's finally will happen "soon". So excited!

This makes switching from Ocean Coast worth it. Getting truck before end of May vs "fall" will allow me to enjoy for the summer! Glad i switched to Forest Edge now!

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

My 8 step process opened up at 4:35pm today! Yay!, Except i don't have all the documents needed to complete today, so will have to wait until insurance guys open tomorrow and can lock down the financing. Rivian wanted 4.5%, but got a 2.64% from AAA, which I'll take. Not a member of any credit union, and not doing a trade in since the Alpina B7 never shows up well in KBB or any other trade in listing. Got to find an enthusiast who wants the Alpina at the next Cars and Coffee weekend!

My VIN ends with 4496, so it seems i'm getting one that was made earlier than some of the more recent deliveries. Hoping it all goes smooth. As it is I'm getting a new CPO Mercedes from Boston (live in Charlotte) and i have to get that taken care of this week too. Not looking forward to the 15 hr drive back, but knowing the Rivian may be coming shortly after (or maybe before) the GL550 will make the trip more fun to get back home. Been waiting since Dec 10, 2018, and it's finally will happen "soon". So excited!

This makes switching from Ocean Coast worth it. Getting truck before end of May vs "fall" will allow me to enjoy for the summer! Glad i switched to Forest Edge now!

UPDATE: My R1T is in Atlanta being prepped for delivery! They texted and gave me two options, First I could have it delivered to the house in Charlotte area on June 8th, or, i could pick it up this weekend on Saturday in Atlanta!!! Unfortunately I put my wife on the title and purchase agreement and she has to be there too, and she's out of town this weekend in NJ! Bummer! Going to have to wait to June 8th now, which i'll always remember as my oldest son's birthday, AND my Rivian Birthday! Almost there.....SOON!!!!

dtb369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Signed my PBA 23 days ago and nothing...same old message that the truck is on the manufacturing line (how long does it take to get through the line? Does anyone know?).

Continue getting the message that I will be getting my truck "soon" 😂. The end of May is fast approaching!

Sponsored

Crc83

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance
Signed my PBA 23 days ago and nothing...same old message that the truck is on the manufacturing line (how long does it take to get through the line? Does anyone know?).

Continue getting the message that I will be getting my truck "soon" 😂. The end of May is fast approaching!
Bummer! Same boat but I’m only at 15 days since PBA.

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
Tomorrow will be 30 days since I signed the PBA…. It’s got to be soon, I hope!

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Tomorrow will be 30 days since I signed the PBA…. It’s got to be soon, I hope!
I signed PBA on Apr 22 and got a text from SC today that my R1T has almost finished inspection and can be picked up on May 20 or 21.

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado
Update. After 2 weeks of being on white exterior that was supposedly ready to ship - yet nothing happened, I changed back to forest green last week.

Monday 5/16 I contacted my guide (simply stating how many days I'd been a reservation holder - 1228 at that point). He responded with a new list of available vehicles including a launch green with all my other specs. I made the switch again with assurances that the processed had been revamped a couple times and what happened with the white truck shouldn't happen again.

Fast forward to this evening (5/19) and I receive the 8 step email / access. Completed everything except proof of insurance which I have to wait until my agent is in the office tomorrow. Final step (Delivery) is locked saying "preparing vehicle".

I opted on the phone to pick the vehicle up in Atlanta. I debated on pickup in Normal but decided I just don't have the time for road trip right now (10hrs to normal, normally as I originally am from near there, and 10hrs back + added charging time).

Bloodypiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
My 8 steps opened up yesterday and in the process of shopping my trade-in. Rivian low-balled it pretty hard. 5K below KBB poor condition trade value. My guide said that they won't negotiate their offer. In the meantime I've secured financing and verified there won't be any issues with insurance.
Sponsored